Baseball

James

Billy, They still haven't released the new name for the D.C. team but I hear it will likely be The Nationals. I was hoping for the Grays as a homage to the old Negro League team but I can live with the Nationals.

Mexico just wasn't a viable option for a MLB team for both logistical and economical reasons. I do expect one of the Florida teams to move to upstate New Jersey in the next 5 years.

Pat, My understanding is that Hendry has no interest in signing Alou at a lower amount. I'm pretty sure he's gone.

Marvin, The Indians have a lot of talent in their farm system still. I see them as being a contender in 2006. Also watch out for the Brewers and Padres in the next couple of years.

I can't believe what happened to the Montreal Expos. I was watching a segment on "Cold Pizza" on ESPN. Had the baseball strike ended in September of 1994, Montreal would had played the New York Yankees in the World Series that year. It said that Montreal might have won it but the baseball strike was on & that was it. crying By the way, former Toronto anchor Thea Andrews who used to work for Canada AM on CTV is on "Cold Pizza" on ESPN since last October of last year when it debuted. When I went to: www.imdb.com (Internet Movie Database), it does not say when her birthday & year is because the website left it blank. Matt

i agree with marvin.. the indians are well on their way to being an excellent team again.

the trick of course, as it is with most teams is trying to keep the nucleus together for that 2/3 year window.

as for comparing basketball to baseball i think that both sports are equally populated with "crybabies."

actually, the entire world of sport is in a asad state, when you pay a young kid millions of dollars before he even gets on field/court etc...

this will not change until each sport has adopted a salary cap or the contracts become incentive based.

I see that the Washington Expos (I'll always call them by that name) signed Cristian Guzman and Vinny Castillo today. Interesting. The crackpots that run MLB would never have allowed these signings if the team were still in Montreal. Last time I looked, the Washington team was still without ownership. Selig is persona non-grata in Montreal

Marvin

Marvin