California Fires

Muzza

Thanks for the concern, Muzz and Kiwi. Fortunately, here in Simi, we got to sit this one out, with little more than a buffeting from the Santana winds. a snowy, coating of ash, and that parched, well done aroma that has become a seasonal staple in this reigon. A few weeks back, the story was quite different. We had the Super Scoopers seemingly using our house as an aiming point for their water drops. This time, the fire was beyond a row of hills to the East, in the San Fernando Valley, where it consumed an entire mobile home park and about eleven homes. Santa Barbara was hit even harder with over one hundred upscale homes and mansions getting the carbon treatment. There are a couple of other fires raging to the south of us in Orange County, also. God love all the victims, flesh, furred, or feathered, where ever they may be. pray

Never a dull moment here in Southern California. When we aren't shaking or baking, you can bet that a flash flood or a mudslide can't be far behind. Then too, there is the occasional riot, just to break up the monotony.

Say, if any of you Midwesterners are up for it, we'll be happy to trade you two brush fires and a 6.0 temblor for a nicely formed F4 tornado. Call us! :rolleyes:laugh

It seems every time I take a business trip to LA mother nature gets mad. Last time (six months ago or so) it was an earthquake in nearby Chino Hills. This time there are fires north, south and east of LA. Sky was yellow at sunrise this morning. Reid is right...the air smells like autumn in New England (when we used to be able to burn the fallen leaves in the gutter). It's business as usual for most folks here...but I can only imagine what it's like to be in the line of fire. Prayers for all.

Dave (in LA til Friday)

Say, if any of you Midwesterners are up for it, we'll be happy to trade you two brush fires and a 6.0 temblor for a nicely formed F4 tornado. Call us! :rolleyes:laugh

Thanks but no thanks, Reid! I was born and raised in So Cal (the valley) and sure don't miss a lot of your nasty weather or your "for espanol, press numero dos!!!" That drove me nuts! insane

Never a dull moment here in Southern California. When we aren't shaking or baking, you can bet that a flash flood or a mudslide can't be far behind. Then too, there is the occasional riot, just to break up the monotony.

Isn't that the truth!

Glad to hear you and yours are ok, Reid.

My niece Melissa lives in Yorba Linda ( some of you have met her) and she and her roomates were evacuated yesterday- but everyone is safe and sound.

Glad to hear all you other SoCal folks are fine. We were coming back from Solvang on Thursday night and the flames from Montecito were coming straight down at us. It didn't burn all the way to the ocean, but it took out a couple of hundred homes!

One year ago. Wow! "Live On Sunset Strip" in the dvd player tonight smile