Completely Confused (Cell Phone query)!!

luvthemraspberries

Hi Everyone,

I have to say, today's technology is truly giving me a headache...lol...I recently got myself a brand spankin' new, cell phone ~ came complete with video capability (which I mainly just like, as a gadget to play with lol) and what everyone seems to think they need, lol, a camera phone...now I'm just totally lost and confused, as I recently did a mini video at a concert and can't seem to figure out, how to convert the format of the video (appears to be *3G2*?) into anything, that will make it so I can upload it to my photobucket account and share with friends, or upload it to You Tube ~ if anyone might know how I can go about it, please post here ~ I'll be so excited ~ LOL!! I've been struggling and struggling and just not getting anywhere mad

I did try one program (can't remember what it's called), and it did seem to convert my video...but the timing was so bad that it wasn't worth saving, ugh!!

I need a program that's free, even a free trial software would work, thanks so much ya'all for any help!

Most of the phone brands have software that you can install to your computer, then using a data cable, you can transfer the photos, calendar, etc. to your computer. There is also a lot of generic software on the market that lists compatibility with however many phone models, but software made by the phone makers (Nokia PC Suite, Motorola Phone Tools, etc.) have worked the best for me. Checking the brand website would be a good place to start looking to see what is available for your phone.

Most of the phone brands have software that you can install to your computer, then using a data cable, you can transfer the photos, calendar, etc. to your computer. There is also a lot of generic software on the market that lists compatibility with however many phone models, but software made by the phone makers (Nokia PC Suite, Motorola Phone Tools, etc.) have worked the best for me. Checking the brand website would be a good place to start looking to see what is available for your phone.

Thanks mellie! smile I finally (through extensive determined, research, lol!) found a free (temporarily) software program on the web...which helped a lot...but, after reading on a consumer site the not-so-great reviews for once you do purchase their software (it then magically doesn't do it's job), guess I'll have to look into what my brand recommends. Thanks for your help! wink