An Inconvenient Truth (Al Gore)

LC

Id vote for Mitt Romney only because his first name reminds me of baseball.

I hope you're joking about that... otherwise you are making a classic case for why people should be tested before being allowed to vote.

I know voting is a "privelage" but we already have constraints on that right... you can't be under 18, you can't be a convicted felon... (Note to people in Missouri, Illinois, Michigan... you can't be dead! )...

I think we need to have a test to make sure you have an IQ above a certain point... or a comprhension level above a certain point... It all goes back to Florida and the debacle over the voters machines and hanging chads and whatnot... There were explicit instructions in place at every venue regarding how to correctly vote.

Instead of loosening restrictions on who can vote and how they can vote and where they can vote and when they can vote, we need to be tightening things up so the country does not get run by morons voted in by morons... (I know some think that's what we have now, but believe me... it's also what we had with Clinton, a guy who catered to the lowest common denominator and who actually altered his hair color; adding or reducing gray depending on his projected audience at any given function!

Bottom line to this rant:

If you're too stupid to understand the instructions or to figure out how to vote, you do not deserve the right to vote!

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by raspberrywine:

[QB] Al could start a campaign on "Global Fattening" too. Combine it with the Warming thing, and get some extra publicity. I will take a fat Al Gore over a fat Hillary Clinton any day.

When was Hillary skinny? crazy I think Al got stung by bees that he was trying to save, thus the bloating. At least Al is pretty funny lately.

Maybe we need Tipper to put stickers on the cars that pollute too much, it sure worked for albums! :rolleyes:

Tim

Wow! I saw that cover.... Haven't read it yet, because I just got it in the mail, but... I will definitely check it out. Very striking photograph, Paulie.

On a side note: If you're a subscriber to Sports Illustrated, you get the infamous swimsuit issue. It's a nice bit of eye candy, honestly, but I wouldn't pay extra for it. I normally don't have time to gawk at more than a couple of pages.... (What's the big deal? You can see all kinds of skimpy bikinis just channel-surfing!)

Anyway, this year's issue came in, and I flipped it open right to a two-page spread of a naked... Burt Reynolds! Ugh. Didn't need to see that --- a huge photo of a hairy-bodied celeb in the midst of SI's swimsuit issue.... It looked like a mid-1970s photograph, and Burt was lying down buck naked, although his groin area was covered by his hands and a rug, as I recall. (I didn't spend too much time looking.)

Did anyone else watch Al Gore's day in Washington yesterday? I saw it on CSPAN in the middle of the night.... Oklahoma's testy and irritable senator Inhofe tried to ambush Gore with the kind of doubting-Thomas, there-is-no-global-warning stuff that would have made you proud, Tony C! But... Gore handled him with aplomb. And man, did he get kudos from all the Dems (of course) and even from some of the Republicans....

That's it---I'm buying some "Gore 2008" pins.... :-)

PS: My favorite Gore pins I've seen: "Re-Elect Gore 2008." Get it?

Even though I know ole "One-Trick Pony" Gore is stretching the truth about this crisis, I want the world to fall for it, so we can start treating the "dependence on oil" addiction that keeps us so involved in that rathole they call the Middle East...And therefore, maybe prevent WWIII.

That, and move Israel to somewhere in Texas, ought to make the radical Muslim savages happy?

Nevermind, We're doomed. Let's start a pool to pick the first American city to be hit with a chemical/biological/nuke bomb crying

Paulie,

Now where'd you hear that? From Sean Hannity, or Ann Coulter? I'm cutting Gore some slack until I get the facts.... That poor guy could find a cure for the common cold and he'd still get people sniping at him....

In the meantime, I'm gonna buy some of these and attach them to my favorite Republicans' cars:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Re-elect-Gore-2008-P...VQQcmdZViewItem

smile

LC

Also, The Teaching Company ( a company I swear by that puts out courses on tape), has put out a new course on Global Warming...and its priced at a huge discount.

I'll likely buy it for my next long car trip...will give you guys a book report after I'm done.

Now, they are saying the temperature has risen recently on the planet Mars as well...

Gee Al, did you ever consider those pesky periodic changes in activity on the sun as a contributer to global warming?

Doesn't matter. As O'Reilly says, "If there is a rise in "Gunk" in the air, Gunk is not good. And if we can help get rid of some of the Gunk, without killing our economy, get rid of the Gunk!"

Of course, How does Al propose to make China, India and Russia agree to cut down their rising production of the Gunk?

I viscerally don't much like Al Gore...and at times it's more than visceral. Though if he's right about Global Warming, he will have done a great thing for humanity. And I'll state again, he was genius on SNL and I like that "part" of him.

But like Bobby Kennedy (who I liked a ton), Al's become a feller with a very narrow scope in his later years...and that's ok..likely better than ok. But it's not the perspective that is right for a president, IMHO. As was the situation with Bobby Kennedy, I think Al can be of better use if he stays out (and above) politics and concentrates on the issue that is his passion.

I viscerally don't much like Al Gore...and at times it's more than visceral. Though if he's right about Global Warming, he will have done a great thing for humanity. And I'll state again, he was genius on SNL and I like that "part" of him.

But like Bobby Kennedy (who I liked a ton), Al's become a feller with a very narrow scope in his later years...and that's ok..likely better than ok. But it's not the perspective that is right for a president, IMHO. As was the situation with Bobby Kennedy, I think Al can be of better use if he stays out (and above) politics and concentrates on the issue that is his passion.

Hi James,

Thanks for that thoughtful and thought-provoking post.

It's interesting, because I have the opposite reaction: Viscerally, I love Al Gore. I think his heart is in the right place (Tony C can insert a one-liner about his weight here smilie ), and he's intelligent, and his strengths (IMHO) far outweigh his weaknesses.

As for a "very narrow scope"... again, it's interesting how I see his environmental activism as a sign of a broadened scope, not a narrowing one. I mean, what's broader than the world? When you talk about the environment, it leads you into economic challenges and political and international issues, and even education. And yes, even sports (as a recent issue of Sports Illustrated proved).

Anyway, there's no doubt that Gore elicits extreme reactions. And ever since he became more visible regarding our lovely planet's condition, those extremes seem to be getting more, well, extreme. When he was VP, the shadow of Clinton made him less of a target for detractors. But nowadays, the "larger" he gets (again, another chance for a Tony C one-liner :P ), the more he becomes one of those "either-you-love-him-or-hate-him" figures. I would put Hillary in that category, too --- and even more so.

Ultimately, I still think Gore is the answer for the Democrats in 2008.... But that's just me. I just hope he gives it a shot....