An Inconvenient Truth (Al Gore)

LC

Heh...Im no Klein fan, that's for sure...but if Gore had run, I think he would have won. Obama won't win because Hillary is in the middle of a scorched earth campaign that is going to do a lot of damage to the party. You see...it's all about Hillary..it's her turn...she is entitled. When the Dems lose in Nov you can thank her.BTW, McCain would make a much better president than either current Dem candidate.Gore is FAR better presidential material the Obama and certainly Hillary.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the Dems' best chance now for winning in November is for Hillary to continue with her scorched-Earth campaign, to the point that the convention gets hopelessly deadlocked, with neither candidiate getting enough delegates to win, even after several ballots....at which point, someone among the Democrats assumes a leadership role and starts a groundswell to nominate someone who can actually beat McCain....like, let's say, Gore! (Otherwise, it's McCain....and Iraq possibly added as the 51st state/star to our beloved flag, so it'll be easier to build Air Force bases there for future wars....)

P.S. While I agree about the Hillary/entitlement comments, I've also been wondering about whether Obama, left to his own devices, could beat anyone the Republicans throw at him in a general election in 2008 - He's young enough to potentially have a real political impact in 2012, 2016, 2020 and beyond -provided his career isn't destroyed by this year's election! (Most losers of Presidential elections are swept under the rug by their party afterwards....)

I've considered the possibility of this too.

On the 12th ballot Gore or Edwards start to look good. Some state delegations are only obligated thru a certain round of balloting. Plus, if Fl. & Mich. send only uncommitted slates to the convention.........

Great theatre none-the-less.

I have actually heard reports that some Democrat "higher-ups" believe that the convention will be hopelessly split... and more than one "Super-Delegate" has said that were one of the contenders, either Obama or Clinton, would suggest that they team with Gore with Gore as the lead... those delegates would rally to them... and enough would follow to grab the nomination...

On another note... I heard a week or two ago that the founder of "The Weather Channel" is considering suing Al Gore over the perpetuation of the "hoax" of Global Warming... that would be a case for "Court TV"... for sure... laugh

We need to boot tbe "Global Warming" label for good. It has snowed TWICE in Seattle this WEEK!

And yes, we are part of the problem that caused it by our pollution.......BUT, it's not just about warming. Some areas are effected by cooling, too. California is getting more fog, and more colder weather than usual in some areas there.

Let's rid "Global Warming" from our dictionary once and for all......"Radical Climate Change" is a more accurate term!

Although Gore sometimes acts half-nuts, he would be the fastest to lead us away from oil dependency, which would cause a temporary deeper recession. But it would eventually lessen the need to deal with the crazies in the Middle East, which would lead to less wars for us to get into, which would lead to a lower military budget, which would lead to more tax dollars to waste at home, which would lead to...Well, that's better than we have now...

Al "Half-Nuts" for President! smart

Paulie, I like the sound of that. I don't see Hill as someone who would suddenly say, "Okay, you win, Barrack. I'm out." And Obama is the leader, so he's not going away. Yet neither will be a consensus. What to do, besides applaud politely when President McCain takes the oath next January.... Well, the answer was right in front of America all along....

Billy K., Gore and others who are concerned with environmental issues are indeed using the phrase "climate change" more and more and "global warming" less and less --- although not completely abandoning it. For example, "global warming" turns up in the news story about the Antarctic ice chunk --- seven times the size of Manhattan --- that dropped into the ocean this week. (It's here: http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2008-03-25-antartica--collapse_N.htm?csp=34 ).

Tony C., you are the man! People can call Al Gore half nuts or the inventor of the Internet or whatever.... But he should take his rightful place --- and get this staggering nation back on its feet. America needs hope.

Al Gore would make sense to me as a compromise to a Hillary Obama stalemate. He was elected in 2000 since he recieved 500,000 more votes than George....we all know about the Electoral College. I do not think we would be in Iraq now if Al had been President instead of George. Sure he has his faults and can be overbearing but....it sure beats what we have been subjected to in the past 7 years.

I cannot wait until these two morons are mere footnotes and are gone...and we never have to listen to their voice or look at both of their silly smirks again.