Is it Spring yet ?

Bessieboo

Well, while I hate lack of light, at least it's raining instead of snowing. I'll take what I can get!

Yeah, we've already started some spring cleaning and changing the house for the lighter, brighter season. Both of my daughters and myself are having the allergy issues but I'm not letting that get in my way. Time to work inside and out and freshen the place up and make it cheerier. One grandson's first birthday is in April, son's prom is in May, John's and my 30th anniversary is in June, outdoor concerts will begin --- LOTS to look forward to very soon! Cheer up, people! spinspinspin

It's 37 with heavy rain/thunderstorms here today.

In recent years we've been slow coming into Spring, but then again our Autumns have stayed warmer longer, a plus for sure.

To deal with this never ending Winter, we spent the weekend going to garden centers picking up our vegetable and herb seeds, wildflower seeds and twine and stakes to plot out additional garden space. We'll be ready when it gets here. And boy oh boy are we ready ! :p

Oh, Jules, I'm jealous! I always used to love to look through the spring seed catalogs and pick the flowers for the garden that year. I think I need to move my white roses that are left. They got flooded out pretty bad last year with the microburst we had and need a higher ground. I'd like to fill that area in with white bridal wreath spirea. It grows tall and would make a wonderful backdrop. I also need to talk John into renting a Bobcat and chipper/shredder again to tear out the rest of the wild shrubbery down to the roots and then mulch it all. Wow, that even sounds like spring!!! hahacool

Hey! It's gonna be 56 here tomorrow! How "cool" (warm) is that?

It usually takes aroud April 15 to really get to spring around Lake Ontario anyway. Meanwhile, keep them sweaters handy.

My apartment is hot as heck without the rads on right now, but that won't last.

"But now it;s cold outside, and the rain is pourin' down..." gotta love the irony when your windows are north and the wind is a south-wester. I haven't slept in nights. (Don't suggest the alley, please! Now, if they had an awning...)

Hang in there. You know what happens every year: "But it's 95, so humid and I can't take it anymore!!!" LOL

Yes! It's spring and my yard is abloom! Blue Grape hyacinths, daffodils, violets, forsythias, the peach tree is loaded with pink blooms and the peonies will be in full bloom in a few weeks---I could go on and on! I love working outside and I plan to mow for the first time this season this weekend. It's still 63 degrees right now and we're shooting for the 70's tomorrow!! Beautiful with a few light scattered showers! But I expect at least one more frost just as my azaleas bloom--just like every year!!

Ummmmm... spring? confused Well no. It's Autumn as the leaves are changing colour. And leaves are lying all on the ground making a mess and the night times are cooling down a bit.

Maybe I'm in a different part of the world to youse fullas eh! laughinsane

Muzza cool

Still picking lots of tomatoes and lettuce and the capsicums are going well. happy Beet root coming along nicely and Rhubarb almost ready to pick. :P

Sky is a deep blue here anyway. I remember a lecturer from the States saying when he was in New Zealand that he had never seen such blue sky anywhere in the USA.

Muzza cool

I can't tell since we have grey skies/rain and temps in the mid 30's at night and mid 40's during the day. It's still cold if you ask me.

We haven't seen our neighbors in months - everyone hibernates in the dead of winter and when it's blistering hot in the summer. Really we only see them about 2x a year for a few weeks. Ahh... life in the midwest. Need I say more???

HT

It finally got nice in the afternoon here. It's a bit chilly for Spring yet, but I'm hopeful it will wing its way here.

I have the beginnings of allergies, but not the beginnings of Spring yet! You got it right, Bess--the plural of sinus is sinuses, and I'm feeling mine right about now, too! It doesn't seem to matter this year *what* that darn groundhog saw. It's still cold!

smile --Darlene

We have never ending summer... I do love it.

It is so much easier, 97% of the year we wear short sleeves. cool But remember... we have to weed the garden and mow the lawn year round.

It is a little monotonous, we do head north at least once a year to see winter.

I come home pack away my winter clothes until the next trip, with the exception of my shoes that are ruined from the salt and one lost glove.

I leave one everywhere I go.

Did anyone find one black glove with red lining, lost in Cleveland ?