Sarah Palin

Bessieboo

I found a wealth of info on Palin gathered on this site:

http://thinkprogress.org/palin-digest/

Why post reports from a site that only preaches

"All liberals and liberal causes GOOD, All conservatives and conservative causes BAD.

This site will report only one side of each event to scare it's liberal minions, and leave out facts that might make it's target look good.

(Although some of those stated look good to conservatives already)

How stupid do you think we are?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this going to go on until November?!

AND BEYOND ------- REMEMBER 2000???!!??

And there is a viable scenario of a 269 to 269 electoral college deadlock!!! How exciting!!! insane

Thrown into the the 'House of Reps' for a decision -- an outcome --- oh, wait they ain't good at that ---- no decision by Jan. 20th & I believe Cheney is sworn in on a tempy basis.

insanehypno

Do the Russians know this?????

I note in our newspaper tonight a comment that if Sarah Palin continues to upstage McCain it could do him damage at voting time. There is a strong feeling in our political commentaries in New Zealand that the focus at the moment is Palin verses Obama and that McCain needs to regain his profile quickly to re-assert his candidacy for President.

Your thoughts??

Muzza cool

First of all, the Palin/Obama comparisons are inevitable, because one of each side's major criticisms of the other is the inexperience factor, which isn't an issue for McCain or Biden, of course.

When the debates come up, I'm sure the emphasis will shift back to Obama vs. McCain and Biden vs. Palin....it usually does.

My take on Palin is - if the left wing elements of the media here want to play right into McCain's hands, criticizing Sarah P. appears to be doing just that. In the latest poll in the Washington Post this morning, it appears the two parties are running a dead heat now, with a great deal of the shift due to a change in preference among White women (Obama held a 50/42% lead in August, now it's 53/41 for McCain).

While I think it's naive to believe that Palin is going to automatically draw a significant number of Hillary supporters into McCain's camp....if the media continues to criticize her lack of experience while giving Obama a free ride on this issue, in addition to questioning why she's running since she's a mother, has a Downs Syndrome baby, etc., I believe she'll get a lot of sympathy votes from the fence-sitters who are undecided, and that's a lot of voters!

Also, in all fairness....one of the main reasons Obama won the Democratic nomination is the number of Hillary haters who crossed lines and voted for BO in the Dem primaries, although they never had an intention to vote Democratic in the general election. If Hillary supporters (traditionally Dems) want to cross lines now in the general election....more power to them!

The fact is - with the (statistically shown) least popular President in history in the White House, an unpopular war, housing problem, economic issues, etc.....ANY Democratic candidate should be running away and hiding in the polls. The fact that it's a dead heat is testimony, IMO, to the possibility that Obama may have peaked too soon.....time will tell.

P.S. And this is coming from someone who's leaning toward the Democrats at this point.....although I'm still undecided for the first time ever so late in the game (and I voted in my first election in 1972...)

Joe - Let's at least give credit where credit's due.....Marvin started the Song-Title Game and Bessieboo started the Sarah Palin thread.....Also, the former thread started on 1/6/07, the latter on 8/9/08, so it's had just a wee bit of a head start! Doubt it'll catch it...and besides, there are multiple Plain threads now anyway...

You know, there is something that really upsets me about those criticizing Palin (and I'm referring to the public and the media, not anyone here in the group)because she's a mother. If you want to talk about her lack of experience that's fine. But no one looks at these men and says they shouldn't be running because they have kids! And as far as her having a child with special needs, as the mother of five of my own special needs kids I can tell you that no one can learn faster, research more, or multitask better than us! Go after her experience, go after her positions, but don't go after her motherhood unless you plan on doing the same to the men!

Along the same lines, I've been upset about the focus on her daughter. She a teen and she's pregnant... and that doesn't happen anywhere else in America than in Palin's family? I've had two kids discover they were expecting at 17 and have the child at 18. We had two choices --- bash and reject them and guarantee that they won't stand a chance, or give them love and support and give them a fighting chance. That's where the values come in. In the tough times, not just the easy ones. Both married, had other children (giving us five special needs grandchildren), and are doing wonderfully. I can be done but it depends on what you're willing to make happen. Her daughter needs to be responsible for that and decide, not Palin.

Joe - Let's at least give credit where credit's due.....Marvin started the Song-Title Game and Bessieboo started the Sarah Palin thread.....Also, the former thread started on 1/6/07, the latter on 8/9/08, so it's had just a wee bit of a head start! Doubt it'll catch it...and besides, there are multiple Plain threads now anyway...

LOL --- I hear ya ... and Palin is a plain ol' gal to many.

I'd be shocked if they don't find a lot more things like this on her....my guess is Obama's underlings have probably been looking through any and all of Palin's official records, as well as their trashcans ever since discovering that she's also a potential media darling like BO....

P.S. Without going into specific details, lots of people claim and get reimbursed for business expenses while telecommuting/working at home nowadays, even claiming partial mortgage payments for home offices on their taxes as business expenses....per diem, though, during telecommuting???

I don't really see this as "politics as usual". You need to consider the official activities she traveled to, the size of the state and the types of out-of-town locations and events they attended. Alaska is a unique place. It is not only a HUGE coverage area, but a good part of the state can only be accessed by plane, vessel, or ATV. It's not like going from Springfield, IL to Chicago. Juneau to Barrow, Juneau to Nome, Juneau to Sitka, Juneau to Wasilla - you can't drive there!

There are a lot of activities that the First Family has always attended as a matter of state tradition and culture, and in the past, the governor's family members traveled with the governor at the expense of the state - sometimes even when those family members were their parents visiting or grown adult children already living on their own. I think if five cities are having their annual Governor's Picnic, it is reasonable for Sarah's family to go with her. Nobody had a problem with the wives and kids of the male governors going along, so what's the difference?

As for the per diem - for any sitting Alaska Governor, their residence is the Governor's mansion in Juneau. They are entitled to per diem anytime they are away from Juneau on official business, including if the official business is at their home of record. During session, legislators maintain a residence in Juneau and they get per diem to travel to and from their home of record even if it's just to return home every single weekend at the state's expense.

The media is blowing the whole thing out of proportion. Sarah's expenses have been more than reasonable in comparison to the previous (all male) governors of Alaska's expenses - like Tony Knowles, who used Alaska Air National Guard aircraft to transport him and his buddies to fly-in-fishing locations and on flightseeing tours that had nothing to do with official business. The guests didn't have any business with Alaska. How about Murkowski using "his" private jet to go on vacation somewhere in Mexico... nobody knows what was official or even business about that!

Sarah Palin has more integrity in her little finger than our entire media combined. It's really a shame that so much credibility is placed on media reports full of deception, intentionally misconstrued, and misleading information crafted to discredit the target - in this case, Sarah Palin. Our journalists today are disgraceful.

Straight laced means she does not have alot of scandal attached to her. Her support of organizations have nothing to do with being straight laced. I'm talking about the Dems sending 40 lawyers up to Alaska to try and dig dirt...and that non story 'per diem' story is what they come up with. BTW...On CNN and MSNBC they have both had stories stating that Dem strategist fear that Palin is going to look mighty sympathetic to many voters for a sorry witch hunt.