Sarah Palin

Bessieboo

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no problem with basically being distracted from her responsibilities as a parent.

Obama has two young children as well, His wife seems to be doing the majority of the parenting, is he neglectful?

He will not have articles written how his ass looks in that days chosen garment, or if he is only worthy of public office because he is an excellent parent.

One fact is that women are at least 50% of this country's population and deserve to be heard and be a part of our Government. Mrs Palin will be held to a much higher standard than any man.

I would love to hear about Biden's Poorly done hair plugs.

That's silly. Plenty of folks from an era gone by were in the same situation. Oh, okay...let me get this straight...if you are a 17 year old and have...shudder...pre marital sex, you can't have old fashioned values. Hard work, family , honesty...nope...you had sex at 17 you can't have those values. Huh?

Depends on how you define "values". I think that some people define it differently based on the situation. Like in "family values", also abstinence based education. Maybe if people knew how to use a condom, they wouldn't be in this situation.

BTW, my father was adopted from a 14 year old mother in 1927.

I agree with Laura. I have worked with young people my entire adult life. There are far too many teen pregnancies. Unfortunately these unwed mothers find the going very tough when trying to finish school. Its probably not fair that the male responsible is not put in the same place of responsibility. Marriage at that age have skyrocketing divorce rates. Steve, you parents were fortunate it worked out. Far too many times that is not the case. Sen. Barak Obama was the child of an 18 yr old mother whose relationship did not work. It is everywhere.

Or what the definition of "is" is. A couple of things.

#1 We are talking about a particular situation. Sarah Palin's daughter. She and the father have decided to marry. Some here, without knowing these people , or their families have decided that they should not marry. Hmmm. I would say that I'd leave that up to the parties involved. Of course I could be wrong.

#2 Values. The values of once you bring a child into this world you get married and work hard and try to give the child a good life. Those are old fashioned values. Your definition of values where you practiced abstinence, never really was that wide spread and the values you speak of ..."family values"? and abstinence based education are newer terms.You are using political platform terminology

#3 My guess is they knew how to use a condom. I knew how to use one at that age...and most times I did not.

In my community, the school board, in it's infinite conservative wisdom, decided that the only thing taught is "absinence". No discussion of birth control, no discussion of sexually transmitted diseases. I do the intake interviews on all new obstetric patients. The majority say that they didn't want to be pregnant. But, did they do anything to prevent it? No. "They didn't think it would happen to them" " I didn't think I could get pregnant". Because the parents don't teach them and the schools can't teach them. You say abstinence only education is a political term. Not to me, because I see it every day.

"Oh Lordy, It's gettin' harder to put lipstick on this pig and send it out on the campaign trail!"

Actually, I still don't have that big a problem with a "take no shit and do the right thing" common-sense outsider being a VP candidate. Time will tell if Palin is that kind of person.

I KNOW A GUY LIKE BILL O'REILLY, WITH NO POLITICAL EXPERIENCE, COULD STEP RIGHT IN, RIGHT NOW, AND RUN THE COUNTRY AS WELL OR BETTER THAN ANY PRESIDENT SINCE KENNEDY OR EISENHOWER!

Hollies/Steve-Here is the last article in the local paper in which they tried to define what the curriculum is to be. They failed to pass it because everyone had to have their 2 cents in. Also they have tried single sex classes (boys in one class, girls in another class) in the elementary schools. I don't think that's working either.

http://www.beloitdailynews.com/articles/2005/01/26/news/news01.txt