Hey Ted! My Habs vs Your Flyers!

marvin

Nah in the long run Price will prove his worth. The year has been an outstanding success - considering they were picked by many 'experts' to not even make the Playoffs. Unfortunately the bar in Mtl is set so high, anything less than a championship is considered a losing year.

Mtl is a very good team and had a very good year and Price is a talented goalie.

Last year the Flyers were the worst team in the NHL. What many folks fail to realize is the Flyers have become a well balanced team in just one year. Seven players scored 20 or more goals this season.

The lack of a super star has lulled many teams into thinking of them as ordinary. Not so. The Flyers had a bad stretch in February where they lost 10 games in a row. Had they merely played .500 hockey (5 - 5) during that time, they would have won their division. All without Simon Gagne.

Time will tell.

Pittsburg has been coasting thus far, but if Philly gets 1/2 the breaks (good luck) they got in the Mtl series, they'll win. By the way, what exactly is an "RJ Umberger"?

Dallas' grit will beat out Detroit's finesse. Right now Brendan Morrow (Guy Carbonneau's son-in-law, by the way) is on a mission. Dallas vs Philly in the Final.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any sport better than playoff hockey? I Could not leave that game last night, stayed up until 12:45 even though 6 AM comes darn quick....I could not leave the TV....you got it Julie -- intense! Can't wait for game 6 tomorrow night. Congrats to the Penguins and Wings fans -- you guys must be going wild -- this is awesome and I'm a Rangers fan.