366 days....

Eric Carmen

I'm going to rent it..probably tonight.

The problem is most good documentary type stuff is slanted, and you've got to recognize it and filter it accordingly.

I just finished a short book on Fidel Castro. The writer is popular in right wing circles and his idealogical framework is very similar to mine. It was a really good book in that it reported stuff that needed to be reported and said stuff that needed to be said. But the book was not objectvive at all, the guy hates Castro & Che(rightfully so, IMHO) and this hate drove his writing. It was a chore having to read and constantly filter what I was reading.

I find many documentaries to be similar, but slanted usually to the left. And I find it a chore to have to filter what I'm watching.

Having said that, the reporting in this country is still, relative to human history, pretty darn good overall.

You're going to find it very hard to argue with this film. They essentially interviewed all the key players and the only ones who refused to talk were Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz and Rice. After seeing the film, you can see why. There were also a few people who probably SHOULD have refused to talk, but didn't.

Let me know what you think.

ec

I have to see this. I feel so betrayed by the current administration that I can't wait to get rid of them.

I'm not sure I feel much better looking at election news either, though. Whoever gets in will have issues, I'm sure, but at least we won't have the bunch of idiots who are in there now.

smile --D

With a minority party ruling up here with half-assed ratings, we're just waiting for two opposition parties to bring down a government that sadly breaks promises every day.

Looks like Canada will be headed to the polls maybe this spring.

More of the same would be like a Monster of the Week Movie 24 hours during a bureaucratically nightmarish day.

Why don't these people listen to THE PEOPLE? No excuses for low voter turnouts, either. We've got to make these two countries work well, not work us over.

Yet Bush is not stupid. His memory for names and faces rivals that of Clinton, which is legendary. He graduated from Yale University and Harvard Business School (MBA). No one does this who lacks IQ. But Bush does not seem to possess the ability to make informed judgments based on a consideration of conflicting evidence. Most politicians possess this skill. Indeed, it is basic to their success. Bush lacks it. For him, 2 plus 2 consistently make 5, except when they make 3.

This is from Gary North's "Why Bush will be the Textbooks' Worst President". It also brings up some other valid points. Which are all quite depressing to read. What really bothers me is the number of U.S. Citizens who voted for him after four years of his occupying the White House. That is the really scary thing.

Phil

Yet Bush is not stupid. His memory for names and faces rivals that of Clinton, which is legendary. He graduated from Yale University and Harvard Business School (MBA). No one does this who lacks IQ. But Bush does not seem to possess the ability to make informed judgments based on a consideration of conflicting evidence.

Phil

Gee, I thought business schools taught what to do when faced with conflicting information (along with public speaking...). Just because he went to those schools doesn't mean he has an above average IQ, but yes, he's not stupid, either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

...until Bush is gone. I watched a documentary tonight called "No End In Sight." Got it at Blockbuster. Rent it. Tell a friend about it. Take something for your stomach before you watch it. If I could have, I would have strangled Rumsfeld with my bare hands, tonight. Cheney, too.

ec

Repeat after me BARACK,BARACK,BARACK(It´s a pity that Dennis can´t conquer the world,of course,He´s from Ohio,moreover.

I have to see this. I feel so betrayed by the current administration that I can't wait to get rid of them.

I'm not sure I feel much better looking at election news either, though. Whoever gets in will have issues, I'm sure, but at least we won't have the bunch of idiots who are in there now.

smile --D

Never is too late to notice Bush and the rest of neo cons aren/ t good politicians.,Things like the Irak War,The Patriot Act,etcmeans they aren´t down to Earth.Barack will join Republicans and Democrats for sure!!!!.