WAB Off Campus II?

Tim From Wisconsin

OK fellow Mid-Westerners, who's up for another WAB Off Campus in Chicago? happy Thanks to the work by Kathy Lee and others, there was a great turnout at the first one - Including an appearance by Kiwi and Muzza! laugh

The date I would throw out there is Saturday December 6th at 3:00pm at The House of Blues in Chicago. I called there, and they do take reservations in advance and they serve food all day.

What do you think? I'm in...

Tim

P.S. The reason I'm thinking that 3:00pm is a good time is because it's after the usual lunch time, and maybe they will let us sit around longer in the middle of the afternoon.

Tim, I'm really glad you called ahead and it seems as though this will work. We never got that kind of cooperation with Hard Rock Cafe and sweated it out till the last minute hoping there would be seating and such. And I STILL feel just terrible about the music drowning everyone out! My kids suggested it and had no idea that the music was nice on the first floor but deafening on the second!!! (Nice staff, though.)

I'll start dropping a few PMs and see what I can do. I'll touch bases with you for anyone I might be missing.

Oh, and as before, If anyone can't make it or just wants to talk we can take phone numbers and/or calls and just pass the phone around so you can be here, too!

Some more info...

I talked to the HOB again today, and they can accomodate us at 2:30pm on December 6th. Right now I have a reservation for 20 people. They have another large party at the same time, so we might not have the opportunity to add a lot more people than that. On the other hand, If we end up with 6 or 8 of us I can always change the amount downward. I need to give them a head count by November 21st if I can. The HOB said that we can have the table for 2 hours for sure, and maybe a bit more if it's not too crazy around there.

Start chiming in if you think you can make it, and I will start a "Roll Call" thread as it gets closer to the 21st to see how many people are committed.

It will be just a relaxing fun lunch to talk all things Eric / Raspberries and to dream about being at the HOB again in '09 for a show!! happy

Tim

What's WAB? Every time I see that I think of Windows Address Book. :rolleyes:

Chicago is 6 hours from me, and I hate hate hate long drives, plus I gotta find out what happened to my lastest and last loan for the Fall season. I just might have to do the phone thing, unless the gathering can be arranged closer to my backyard, lol.

Our wonderful friend and board moderator Bernie had a fan gathering at his house in NJ a few years ago that he called Weekend At Bernie's (WAB)! There have been a total of 5 of these gatherings with a 6th planned for next year sometime? Last Summer we had our first "WAB Off Campus" in Chicago, and it was a fun gathering of fans. I thought I would resurrect it this year!

Tim

Sorry, Daisy. I just dropped you a PM right before I saw your post here.

Weekend at Bernie's is an annual get-together for everyone here on the board. Those who can make it travel up to NJ in August for one major bash!!! Last year Eric and Jim were there with their wives and they celebrated Eric's birthday!

Kiwi and Muzza were coming in from New Zealand and were traveling around the States a bit to meet up with some of the board members and WAB was their first stop. Since they were coming to see me next, my husband and I set up WAB Off-Campus so that we could get together as many of the midwestern members as possible for them to meet. There has even been talk of other areas hosting their own parties such as WAB West Coast (we have a lot of California members.) Now we try to put together parties whenever we can in addition to the concert parties. It's just another way we stay close as "family". We sure would love to have you join us so don't forget in case you should change your mind.

• 2 weeks later...