Sad News.....

Brian

My heart goes to the maestro Eric, more than ever!! heartpump

Our ‘World Would Suck Without You’, Eric.

This world would suck without your awakening inspiration, your Brightness.

Our world would suck if it couldn’t learn from you: brilliance and tenderness, shyness and Truth!

Tony's glass is always half-full. I like that.

Someday, maybe I'll be able to tell you guys the back story of this whole sordid affair. Most of the news stories got different bits and pieces wrong.

I am completely astounded, however, that there are over 250 stories, from France to The Czech Republic to South Africa, that ran my story as a headline.

All the local newscasts led with it! I can't imagine that a judge passing down a sentence for a DUI that happened eight months ago could be the most important thing in the news yesterday, local or otherwise.

If I had just recorded the world's greatest album I could NEVER get this much press.

Either I'm a lot more famous than I ever dreamed, or tabloid journalism has really hit a new low. I honestly can't believe that people in France care about me and a fire hydrant.

I guess bad news really does sell more papers than good news.

Eric...I admire you for commenting on this thread....I was surprised and pleased that you consider us someone (someones? wink ) that you would share your thoughts with at a difficult time.

That said...Pease think about how much you have to be proud of!

Be good to yourself,take care of yourself and love yourself as much as we...your fans your fans love you.Ira.

Eric - Just remember 2 things - (1) nobody's perfect, and (2) there's no such thing as bad publicity! (To a large extent, Kirk's correct above.....I doubt that any sort of DWI/DUI charge ever hurt any rock & roller's rep, street cred, or career.)

Hang in there Eric. I, for one, will be anxiously waiting for your return to the board. As your post indicated no one knows the "back story". If there's one thing you've taught me through all of your posts it's to keep an open mind so I do.

As for the negative posts in this thread...YAWN!

:rolleyes:

I like the sincere posts here too, and like reading posts from those not afraid to speak their mind. And Teragram has the right (as it should be) to say what he wants. And those that take offense to his posts(I'm one) have the right/responsibility to counter him.

But I don't think Teragram's posts are sincere. I see him as taking a tough/sensitive situation and using it to promote himself as a provacateur.

He's intentionally provoking and and somehow in a twisted way, creating some jollies for himself, at the expense of another human being, and those that care for that human being.

He's best to be ignored, IMHO..