What old TV show should come out on DVD?

TOMMY TUNES

"Get Smart" is scheduled for release sometime next year. Check out tvshowsondvd.com. They have lots of great information about which shows are coming out when, who owns the rights to a particular TV show. Think the guy that runs the site is a guy named Gord. Nice guy. DH and him have exchanged several emails.

I've been waiting for the original "The Wild Wild West" with Robert Conrad and Ross Martin for many years. Columbia House released the first season on DVD back in the 90's, but apparently they weren't on par with most DVD releases (no extras, interviews, etc.). There have also been bootlegged versions put out that are nothing more than VHS recordings from syndicated episodes, all of which are incomplete.

Craig

Definitely Get Smart. I would love the "Hart to Hart" series on DVD--Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers are two of my favorite actors. I would also love "Lovejoy" (LOVE Ian McShane in that!) and "Partners in Crime" with Francesca Annis as "Tuppence" to come out on DVD.

smile --Darlene

The TV shows that I may have an interest in, but I don't believe have been release on DVD yet are "Picket Fences", "Third Watch", "Match Game" and "What's My Line?". From what I understand, "Third Watch" hasn't been available for sale on DVD yet, because they would have to pay expensive royalties to publish some of the music that was used on the original episodes. I only purchased one season of a television show on DVD so far, and I only bothered to watch the DVDs one time...so I'm not certain if I would bother purchasing other television oriented DVDs. Basically, motion pictures are the only DVDs that get a repeated viewing from me.

blackhawkpat, Holy Blockbuster! eek ...I'm surprised that "Batman" is not available on DVD yet, but I can't imagine that it will be long before it is released. Speaking of "Batman", there was a celebrity/fright night convention in Secaucus, NJ on Halloween weekend. Among the celebrities were some of the cast of "Batman"...Adam West (Bruce Wayne/Batman), Burt Ward (Dick Grayson/Robin) & Lee Meriweather (Catwoman from the 1966 movie). Also in attendance were the cast of "I Dream of Jeannie"...Larry Hagman (Major Tony Nelson), Barbara Eden (Jeannie) & Bill Daily (Major Roger Healey). Even though I don't usually star gaze, considering how rare of an opportunity it is to be able to still see a group of stars from a 1960's television show gather together today, I was very tempted to attend. However, since it was held on Halloween weekend, I already had other plans.

Tommy ~ Sparks ! That’s a group I used to like way back when. I went to see them in concert 1974/1975 and at some point during the gig, a whole load of girls ran up and swamped the stage. Russell disappeared under a heap onto the floor and one girl emerged jumping up and down waving one of his sandals in the air and got a huge cheer from the audience. As far as I can remember, he just carried on as if nothing had happened after they went back to their seats.

spin

The old "Mickey Mouse Club" (1955-1959) has a "Best Of" DVD collection including a silver box set (I think) of the first 5 episodes from the first season. Believe it or not, I taped the first 7 episodes on VHS of "The New Mickey Mouse Club" (1977) which came out back in August of 1998 & August of 1999 when The Disney Channel showed it BUT the Disney Channel since then have not shown the 1977 series. I'd also taped a young Molly Ringwald who appeared on a "Showtime Day" segment when Molly was singing. Mouseketeer member Lisa Whelchel also was on "The Facts Of Life" (1979-1988) & member Julie Pierski also appeared on that show (1979-1980). Also Kelly Parsons became a "Miss USA" contender (Florida) back in 1986 but lost. Two of the 12 members have passed away including Angel Florez (1999) & Scott Craig (who died last year) crying . Matt