California Fires

GMan

Sherberries- thanks for thinking of me! I actually am the only one in my whole family who was not evacuated from my home. I feel so fortunate. My Mom is still waiting to see if her house was one of the ones lost in Escondido. This whole situation has been like a bad dream that we all keep hoping we wake up from. Luckily- we all are ok... that is all that really matters.

The upside of it all is I have 6 doggie evacuees!! eye

Anna

I love how the Dems are trying to somehow blame Bush for this one too, and telling him he's not wanted in California...Then, I see Senator Barbara Boxer doing her photo-opp. speech today.

The truth is, this whole sagebrush climate is naturally supposed to burn off and reseed every few years. But every year we get more people moving to sunny, dry SoCal, building million dollar homes out in the country, right next to the open spaces...that natually burn off every few years.

Oooops!

Good news! Animal Control got into the fire zone and found our horse (and about eight others)suffering from little more than an extreme case of the munchies. Hay was left for all. Might have to find a new home, but at least she is safe. Heartfelt thanks for the concern expressed by members of this fantastic board. wink

Positive thoughts and prayers for all those who have lost everything in these fires.

Turns out my friend's maid of honor lost her house and her husband when he was burned, along with 4 firefighters trying to save him and his son at the beginning of the Harris fire. The son, who is also friend of my niece, is in an induced coma trying to recover from 3rd degree burns over 60% of his body. My niece is putting together a get well video from all of this kid's friends (and he has many) to play in his hospital room.

Prognosis is pretty good, since the kid is young and strong. Alot of surgeries and pain in the future, though.

And here I am joking about starting the fires on the other post...Geeez!

Bernie must be right about me...

I'll second that, Tony. Don't beat yourself up over it. Our equine misadventure came courtsy of the Harris fire, just east of Dulzura. Our friends lost their home, too. Sympathy and prayers for your friend, her family, and for those who put their lives on the line to keep the rest of us safe.