The Phoenix Lights

Eric Carmen

I've always been a bit skeptical about the existence of UFO's, but tonight I watched a very good documentary called "The Phoenix Lights" that's made me a believer. It was written and directed by a Phoenix M.D who was stood on her balcony and shot videotape and film on multiple occasions that has been analyzed by experts and found to be credible.

The film is a series of interviews with many of the residents of Phoenix who watched this phenomenon including the police dispatcher who took all the calls from people witnessing the event, P.H.D's, pilots, former military and police officers, a councilwoman, psychologists, M.D.'s and eventually the Governor of Arizona and an Apollo Astronaut.

The sheer size of the UFO that was witnessed by some 10,000 residents of Arizona was just mind-boggling, perhaps a mile across and shaped like a boomerang. It easily looked to be the length of six to eight football fields They all said it passed right over their heads, very slowly and in complete silence. No one was scared by the experience.

There was even a tape recording of one of the F-16 pilots sent up to track it ( now HE was frightened ).

Of course the military said it was "flares" being dropped from planes ( liars), but the photo experts compared the films and they said it was definitely NOT flares and they could prove it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhAQrR8Jhkk

I think this is some pretty awesome stuff!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've always had these lights around and above us. American Indians have stories, some centuries old, that tell of these kinds of lights.

I, once, asked an Elder about them and thinking he was going to give me this real cool, Indian Wisdom type of answer, this is what he said.

"Don't worry about 'em. They're just here to check up on us."

Uh...?

I, for one, believe in them. The reason is because I had one fly right over me back in the late seventies. It wasn't scary but interesting.

Have you ever heard of Area 51? Google it for some interesting information. From Wikipedia: "The intense secrecy surrounding the base, the very existence of which the U.S. government barely acknowledges, has led it to become the frequent subject of conspiracy theories." After you've lived here awhile, you realize something's not kosher... I have talked with many people through the years, mothers and wives of men who work for area 51 who have strange stories to tell... like being threatened by superiors if they share information, not seeing their loved one for weeks and not knowing where they are.

I saw something once a few years ago - I used to walk really early in the mornings (about 4:30 or so) - I just happened to looked up at the sky one day - it was fairly lit from the moon and I saw something huge - and I MEAN huge moving across the sky - it wasn't lit though - was the size of a few football fields as well... I just stood there with my mouth open lol. There was no sound or anything like a jet engine. Now we live about an hour from McDill Airforce base but this was not that jet that flies below radar and is invisible - this thing was incredibly HUGE! I thought it was an asteroid or something - whatever it was it moved pretty fast up there for something that large - maybe faster than a jet but not like those UFO things in Close Encouters lol. I didn't see it after about 3 minutes. Never saw anything about asteroids passing way too close or any other UFO thing in the papers. I'll never forget seeing it whatever it was!

I've always been a believer.

I remember almost 40 years ago going to see the movie "Chariots Of The Gods" in the theatre with my Dad and my Brother. It was a documentary about a lot of the unexplained "natural" phenomena around the world. It sure got my young head spinning a bit.

It's cool stuff to try to wrap your brain around.

Tim

My ex father-in-law was in the air force and was stationed at Wright-Patterson and knew about Area 51. For years I tried to get info out of him. The only clue he gave me was he said, "Mike, you're not crazy" (though I have friends who will argue that point). He always said, "Sorry, that's classified info". He took that "info" to his deathbed. insane

I agree with Annie's statement above --- I've always believed that we're not the only things worthy of God's creation. Look at all of the diversity on this planet alone! Then look at the changes the scientists have speculated occurred on other planets. Then look at the vast amount of space we've been able to identify so far. And we're IT --- this is all there is ANYWHERE --- not a chance!

I'd like to see the clearcut video footage of the actual "spaceships" before you could convince me.

If there were visitors from another place...I'm just NOT convinced that they would "visit" us only in the night and darkness and then disappear without a trace, never to be seen again.

10,000 people saw it and not one had a camera that could record anything but the "lights"?

And why would the miltary or government keep proof of "vistors" a big secret? If there was bonafide "proof" of anything, it'd had been leaked by now.

Now I'm not saying that someday we won't get "vistors", but if and when we do, there will be denying it!

I remember Carl Sagan explaining once, that if you took all the planets in our galaxy, and then eliminated all the ones that were either too hot, or too cold, or had the wrong rotation speed to create the proper conditions for supporting life, and then you eliminated 99% of the ones that were left, for one reason or another, you'd still be left with 1,000,000 planets where life could exist, and that's just in our galaxy. There are billions, perhaps trillions of galaxies in the universe.

One of the comments that I thought was interesting in the documentary, is that because of the age of the universe, relative to the age of our galaxy, which is quite young, there could be planets that were literally a billion years older that we are. I had never really considered the "age" part of the equation before, and I found that thought quite provocative.

Can you imagine where we might be in a billion years, if we could just figure out how to get along, and not pollute ourselves out of existence?

Harry,

Was that sentence a "Freudian slip?"

They addressed the issue of "why they are seen at night" in the documentary. One of the witnesses said if she had see this mile long craft gliding slowly toward her during the daytime, it would have probably scared her to death, but somehow, because it was visible only as "lights" moving silently through the dark sky, it didn't seem as threatening. As I recall, there actually were pictures shot during the daytime, and not just from Phoenix, but from all over the world. There were some especially interesting ones from Mexico, that appeared to be the same light formation as the one seen in Arizona.

I have no idea why the government would want to keep it a secret, but then, there seem to be a LOT of things they don't want us to know. All I can tell you, is when an Apollo astronaut, a fighter pilot who chased it, and the Governor of Arizona ( who was a complete skeptic) ALL say they saw it, and that it definitely was NOT flares, NOT weather balloons, NOT military aircraft, and NOT anything else from this planet, maybe we shouldn't just dismiss them as "kooks" and "conspiracy nuts."

I never, ever believed any of that stuff. Growing up, my "mother" used to go out at night and sit in a lawn chair on the driveway for hours at a time after nightfall, waiting and hoping she would "see" something in the night sky. My daddy used to laugh and say, "they're coming back for her someday."

That night in March, I was running late to pick up my dad who was due to arrive at the aiport at 8:30. It was about 8:15 when I was driving a little faster than I should have down the 51 when I saw those lights. They were huge and reminded me of those flashing orange ones that you see on barricades, only these weren't flashing. It went from one end all the way across the horizon right in front of me. When I picked up my dad and told him, he said, "please, you're sounding like your mother." Then they started talking about it on the radio. Till this day, I don't know what the hell I saw, but it was slow, and massive. I will never forget it.

Air Force folks and others that work w/ them have indicated to me the existence of ET's.

I'm sure there are other (ET) races out there and that they visit Earth. World governments know about this, but it's all a matter for them as to whether we are 'ready' for this to come out. I say let it come out. I think we're ready for it.

Suddenly all our differences w/ each other would seem very trite then!

I definitely believe we're not alone in the universe and there are too many things that people have seen to discount.

Our government probably figures that some people would absolutely panic if they thought we were being "visited" or looked over, and it's just much easier for them to keep things under wraps.

As Eric said, they keep a lot of other stuff under wraps, so why would this be any different?

smile --Darlene

Eric, I saw that show maybe 2 weeks ago, on either the National Geographic channel or the History channel, not sure which. It was interesting, and I remember the witnesses talking about the underneath of the craft sort of rippling, looking similar to liquid black satin, and blocking out the stars.

With so many ruins of pyramids and such all over the world, with similar writings and/or drawings on them (some of which depict spacecraft-type objects), it makes you wonder if we were visited long ago by ET's. Near the Nazca Lines in Peru there is a huge carving on a rock called "The Astronaut", because his "suit" is remarkably like that of astronauts, but he's been on that rock for centuries.

I also remember reading a book called "The Orion Mystery", and the author said they used a computer to draw straight vertical lines from the Orion Constellation, and at a certain time of year the lines matched up *perfectly* with the tops of the three "main" pyramids at Giza. If that's true, I'd imagine it being a coincidence would almost be impossible.

It's an interesting thought, for sure.

NEWS FLASH:

The Loch Ness Monster and Big Foot will be holding a pay-per-view special on New Years Eve.

Don't miss it, get your credit card number to me ASAP and I'll sign you up....only $50.00 !!!

...yes, yes Eric, I meant "No" denying it.

Signs with Mel Gibson was a pretty good movie and that is kind of how I expect it to play out (if they are not friendly).

But doesn't the Bible say...Oh, who am I kidding? I've never read the Bible. I believe in life on other planets too.

But what's so special about the Phoenix area? Why do they keep coming there and hanging around?

Although I hear the 3-boobied Alien babes at the "ET Strip Club" near Tempe, AZ are excellent dancers...

Speaking of a Bible - Alien connection:

(When the sons of God married the daughters of men)

http://www.mt.net/~watcher/enoch5.html

....... and Tony, I understand that those girls in Tempe give good mind!

I believe these things are possible...Whether the "Phoenix Lights" are some kind of alien spacecraft...i don't know...But i believe we may well have been visited by beings that are far more advanced than we are...They could be from another world...or maybe even this one...possibly leaving Earth long ago before our human civilizations were established...It is a fascinating thing to think about...because there are so many possibilities.