I think I spotted a few EC.com members in this clip.....

hollies65

Damn, I was hoping that video wouldn't get out. Oh well.

It's ironic you revealed that video, H-65, because I found one where I believe you made an appearance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxGJWeWyTGE&feature=related

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that snippet was taped just after Sarah's speech at the Republican Convention. haha

hollies - the right-wing version of the tree video would've had them cutting down the tree, spreading fear that a certain forest beetle could pass on AIDS to local children, outsourcing the lumber milling to indonesia, getting a multi-million $ earmark for paving the area, & following up w/ a multi-million $ highway project for well-connected contractor, all while calling liberals 'unamerican' & 'tax & spenders'

btw, did u know that of the $9.5 trillion debt we've accrued since WWII, George W has accounted for an astounding $4 trilllion of that? add to that the approx $3 trillion that Reagan & Bush Jr added, & that's 3 meager Repub presidents accounting for about 75% of our national debt in the past 60+ years!

wow - i'm sure glad only half the country believes them when they call themselves fiscal conservatives!!!

Oh...I'm going to assume you know that during 90% of the time of the Republican administrations you speak of the house's were in the control of the Dems...who pass the budgets...but you knew that.

not sure about during reagan & bush jr, pretty sure repubs had at least one house during these terms, but as you know, the repubs had the white house, senate, & house of representatives during The Shrub's (bush jr) tenure, the spendiest of the big spenders. you can't knock 'em out of the park any more than that

repubs still claim to be fiscal conservatives, but its one of the longest running & most successful lies ever propagated on the american public. they loooooove big, fat, juicy, spendy earmarks like there's no tomorrow

Funny how a thread titled "I think I spotted a few EC.com members in this clip..... " has degenerated into another Repbublican vs Democrat argument.

ha! i was thinking the same thing, but the video reeked of a Bush supporter, & being from Texas, i couldn't sit idly by. The Shrub, apart from being an embarrassing mental midget puppeteered by till-robbing old cronies/crooks aka Cheney & Co, is, after all, being hailed universally by historians as Worst President Ever. we can't wait to bring him back to TX so he can stop screwing the rest of y'all out there..

2 much funnier (altho' the tree-crying thing was a tad funny/creepy) videos, by the, ehh, 'commentator' who always hits the nail on the head are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKwesxb83c4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eneq0jcMlTw&feature=related

I luv ya Ausinberries, but your point [Anyones point realy] is much more effective when not just filled with personal attacks [Crooks, mental midget,etc]. And really...how does posting a video with a bunch of eco-extremists make one reek of being a Bush supporter? Here ...I'll answer my own question....It doesn't.When it comes to having no fiscal disipline, Bush is as bad as 90% on the Dems...and I've hammered him here for it.

Oh...I'm going to assume you know that during 90% of the time of the Republican administrations you speak of the house's were in the control of the Dems...who pass the budgets...but you knew that.

wrong, not even close, this is about as accurate as one of limbaugh's home-spun 'facts' - repubs controlled either the senate or the house, or both, 75% of the amount of time the dems have during the eras of reagan/bush/shrub. look it up, don't make it up; heh. repubs...

luv ya back, hollies - i'm truly chuckling & grinning as we type this stuff, but i have no problem tagging bush as a mental midget, or cheney as a crook, etc. if you don't think they made it personal to all of us, incl a few thousand US mothers (& a helluva lot more Iraqi civilians) who no longer have sons thx to a bogus war, then i might reconsider

besides, who in their right mind doesn't love talking trash/smack about politicians?!? i assume you've read Parliament of Whores by PJ O'Rourke? common ground upon which i'm sure we can both stand..

so ok - peace/truce, but it was fun volleying w/ you