Everyone watching Springsteen on the Today show?

hollies65

Tend to agree with Lew, based on most recent Boss releases....I was a huge fan right up through the Live 75-85 multi-disk set, which was about his 8th album of so.

I probably saw him live about 15-16 times between '74 (right before "Wild, Innocent.." was released, at the Childe Harold in DC, a small club that seated about 120 or so) and '86. Great songwriter and Great, great live performer, if not as spontaneous as he appears....and he does take care of his employees, per Nils Lofgren.

He started to lose me a bit with "Nebraska", then lost me with "Tunnel Of Love" in '87 - I haven't bought anything from him since....he just didn't seem to "do it" for me anymore. I'm hoping this new one is a rocker and a return to the old days, but I'm not too optimistic.

"You should be optimistic. Its a rocker. Easily his most accessible and commercial work since BITUSA."

I'm not too optimistic primarily because it's usually very hard for me to really get back into an artist once the initial rush has faded and everything they do starts to sound the same to me. It's happened on occasion, but rarely, that I get totally rejuvenated again (last time was probably Dylan in the 90's - I had thrown in the towel on him for well over a decade, starting with his born-again phase and, for the most part, awful albums....then happened to see him live in the mid-90s, and got back into him..)

P.S. BITUSA, in my opinion, was way too over-exposed. Were there ANY songs on it not released as singles?

P.P.S. Yes, Marvin, we know you love Bruce....some of us, unfortunately, are cursed by the tendency for our tastes in music, art, etc. to change, though....

P.S. BITUSA, in my opinion, was way too over-exposed. Were there ANY songs on it not released as singles?

Yes, "No Surrender", "Darlington County", "Working On the Highway", "Downbound Train", and "Bobby Jean", but you heard these songs so often on the radio anway, they might as well have been singles.

I can honestly say I did not watch it - I was a born and raised New Jersey-ite but really don't feel the need to be a Bruce fan. I like some songs - (I'm sure there will be a lynching party in NY waiting for me lol). I do like Bon Jovi though even though some of you can't stand him.

I'm in New Haven and a Yankee fan...Cut it with the Raspberries influence and Bruce...Just because he has a drum roll to open up a song dosent mean he was deifying the Raspberries...Its like saying Hell's Bells was influenced by Starting Over because there were church bells at the begining of both songs...From what I understand, Tommy Tutone seems like a bigger influence...The Boss robbed his whole intro...