Top Drinking Songs

ericphan

This may have been an inappropriate topic a few months ago but time heals all wounds:

What are your top 2 or 3 songs that glorify getting drunk or stoned?

Here are mine:

Let's Get Drunk and Screw--Jimmy Buffett

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer-- George Thorogood and The Detroyers

Drinking Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee - Johnny Burnette & The Rock & Roll Trio

Streams of Whiskey - The Pogues (who do another dozen or so good drinking songs, and their singer Shane MacGowan is usually liquored up before taking any stage)

Any number of George Jones tunes - Wild Irish Rose, Relief Is Just A Swallow Away, If Drinkin' Don't Kill Me (Her Memory Will), White Lightning, Beer Run, etc.

Porter Wagoner - released 3 "concept albums" in the late 60's, Cofessions Of A Broken Man, Bottom Of The Bottle, and Down In The Alley, all of which consisted of drinking songs (Daddy & The Wine, Wino, Town Drunk, Bottle of Wine, When I Drink My Wine, The Bottle Let Me Down, One Dime For Wine, etc., etc.)....sadly, none released on CD yet, but truly inspirational to drunkards everywhere......

Lastly - Any Hasil Adkins recording (he was usually stewed to the gills when recording or performing)....