Most annoying songs of all Time

Bessieboo

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a musical omnivoire and I like about a third of the ones showing up here.... But oh well everyone's got that certain sound that fingernails the chalkboard of our nervous system!

Mine are:

95% of spandex -wearing 80's metal

99% of Rap

95% of Grunge

95% of Opera

99% of Broadway musicals

90% of current Pop, R&B or Country acts that sound like they are practicing their scales rather than singing

George Thorogood.....

Jimmy Buffet...

4 non blondes whatever that one hit they had was...

Klaus Nomi..... anything

Flaming lips ... at least what I've heard, anyway...

(Here's the part of the list that I'm sure will make me more unpopular than Carrot-top for the sheer orthodoxy-of-rock-you-HAVE-to-like-these-bands-un-acceptable-opinion of it all.)

Doors ... the latter-day drunken buffoon era

Janis Joplin - The entire drunken buffoon era.

Greatful Dead - the entire tripping/narcisstic era

AC/DC ... OK, once in a while, but usually it's NO, AS A MATTER OF FACT WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER SONG ABOUT BALLS FROM YOU.... GO AWAY BEAVIS!!!!!

The "Chicken Dance" is very annoying and very repetitive. I used to try to think of something else when my band had to play it.

My Ding a Ling is of the same ilk.

For some reason, "Knock Three Times" and "Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Old Oak Tree" annoy me also. I'm sure there are hordes of others, but I can't think of them right now.

Then there are songs I think of and grin. One night I was a bit tipsy and got lost in Middletown, NY walking home to a fellow bandmember's house. The house band at the bar was really good. They'd played "When My Baby Smiles At Me I Go To Rio" and it somehow got stuck in my brain. My bandmate's home looked like a couple of other houses on the street and they found me about 2 AM pretty happy singing the song while I walked up and down the street debating which door to knock on.

smile --D

Okay, pd, I'll send you my old recording of "Still...You Turn Me On" via FedEx! wink

The popularity of most (or at least many) of these artists listed here is undeniable.....and this goes back to an old thread from last year, about the most overrated artists. There were complaints posted in that thread about some peoples' favorites being bashed. By definition, though, most of those named will be top-selling artists, and not obscurities.....to even be overrated, one must first be successful!

Ditto....to be truly annoying, the song most likely had to have been played over and over and over and over again...to the point it annoyed the Hell out of you....In a lot of cases here, though, the songs were by one-hit wonders, who were thankfully never heard from again...