The new Springsteen single....

hollies65

It's gettting some strong reaction (positive and negative) from the Springsteen fans. The ones who don't like it speak of it's closeness to "Message In A Bottle" and "867-5309", and it's so-so lyrics. The ones who do like it speak of it's driving, 'rock' sound.

From BACKSTREETS

QUOTE:

ROCKING ROCKEFELLER PLAZA

Bruce & the E Street Band live on Today, Sept. 28

In 2002, to celebrate the release of The Rising, NBC's Today show pulled up their tent stakes and traveled to Asbury Park. This time, Bruce and the E Street Band make the trip. Their Rockefeller Plaza performance on the morning of September 28, the Friday before the album's release, will be broadcast live on Today. According to today's press release, "In their live concert on the Plaza, Springsteen and the E Street Band will perform songs from their October 2 Columbia Records release Magic as well as classic hits." More details as we have them.

ENDQUOTE

I love Bruce. I can spout my Bruce fan credentials...but lets just say I have seen Bruce more times than anyone on this board. Plus I saw the Raspverries in 1973 smile

But anyway...Bruce has always "borrowed" rifts and lines and titles from others. The NYT review of BTR noted the IWBWY lift for BTR. He directly lifted several raspberries titles.

I like the new song...but yeah...it sounds like 867-5309.

The album cover for "Magic" certainly doesn't do Bruce any favors - it looks like a mug shot. For a guy who puts out fabulous albums, his album covers (save "Born to Run") certainly leave something to be desired.

Although, I remember my girlfriend being pretty taken with the "Born In The USA" cover...

wink

The album cover for "Magic" certainly doesn't do Bruce any favors - it looks like a mug shot. For a guy who puts out fabulous albums, his album covers (save "Born to Run") certainly leave something to be desired.

I agree Marvin. Save for "Greetings from Asbury Park" all of his albums have just been a no-frills shot of him. Columbia/Sony must love him for keeping the expense of thier art department down through the years!

Jeff