Holy Grail of 2007 Pop Album

pierson

It's gonna be very tough to top this one (although, it actually came out in late 2006)...

It's "THX JHN" by Johan...

it's their 3rd album and it's one of those very very rare pop masterpieces that make you believe that not all of the great inspiration for transcendental pop/rock has disappeared.... too bad it's all the way in Amsterdam...

their myspace page is

www.myspace.com/johan4all

their website: www.johan4all.com

I listened to the clips...it was just okay, IMHO...

it was hard to tell from the clips how strong the album was... listening to stuff on myspace sometimes takes a lot away from how good it is... if it has "she's got a way with men" i would say listen to it again...

It's gonna be very tough to top this one (although, it actually came out in late 2006)...

It's "THX JHN" by Johan...

it's their 3rd album and it's one of those very very rare pop masterpieces that make you believe that not all of the great inspiration for transcendental pop/rock has disappeared.... too bad it's all the way in Amsterdam...

their myspace page is

www.myspace.com/johan4all

their website: www.johan4all.com

They sound a bit like REM to me.and the vocal melodies reminds me of The Steppes.

They sound a bit like REM to me.and the vocal melodies reminds me of The Steppes. [/QB]

yep... there's definitely an REM vibe w/ them and a lot of '90s Swedish power pop zen... which they helped build... This Perfect Day, Popsicle, Merry Makers, Melony, Beagle etc...