Bram Tchaikovsky

Rasburied

One of my all time favorites songs is "Girl Of My Dreams" by Bram Tchaikovsky. Any fans of Raspberries and power pop should seek for his Strange Man, Changed Man LP. Anybody have any clues of his whereabouts? After his last LP in 1981 he disappeared off the face of the earth and info on the net is very scarce.Dread seeing him vanish without a trace after recording some great but underappreciated music. John

Unconfirmed rumour has it that he opened a recording studio after his recording career ended. After being out of the limelight for nearly 25 years I highly doubt it he'll make a musical comeback but then again there was a time when I would gaze upon my Raspberries records and I would say to myself "Gee where are these guys now".Maybe if there is a Ken Sharp type person out there that could revitalize his career just like how he did with the Raspberries.

don't forget he was also in The Motors (for their first 2 albums, I think)...

His 1st solo album is definitely the strongest... the title cut ("Strange Man Changed Man") and the single of course... but, for me, his greatest moment was the b-side to "Girl Of My Dreams" called "Sarah Smiles" (no relation to the H&O song)-- it's a classic... & is one of those b-sides that outdistances the a-side-- or at least holds its own...

Strange Man Changed Man was reissued on CD several years ago. I was lucky enough to pick up a copy. I think it was a Japanese only deal. The print on the cover is so small you need a magnifying glass to read it. IMO, there's not a weak song on the whole CD. Even a good version of the Monkees' song I'm a Believer.