Fan tribute page on myspace

hbecstacy

Hi friends,

Just wanted to let you know the myspace page for the Raspberries/EC Fan Tribute CD project, "Raspberries Side 3: Songs from the Raspberries Fan Community", is up at:

myspace.com/reflectionsside3

I've posted 1-minute mp3 snippets from four songs (we'll be refreshing the song selections periodically). We'll also be adding content such as blogs and info about the project soon, including the true story of the international collaboration between Marvin Matthews and myself on Marvin's original song, "For You and I."

Please feel free to visit the page and join as a "friend," and stay tuned for further updates on the CD!

Thanks all,

Howard

We're going to mix it up, Tony. This was just the first round. We thought a nice variety was in order--Mike's bluesy riffs, John's beautiful ballad, Duophonic's pure power pop and the Alberta meets Philly team-up.

Your fine track—and your brother's—should show up down the road as we post new previews.

Thanks so much for the great response, folks.

As I understand it from Marvin (who recruited him), John Lemonis is a good friend of Wally Bryson's. I don't believe he's on this board, but I will contact him to direct him to this topic on the board and let him know about the great response he's gotten for his great tune (the others are pretty wonderful, too!)

And in answer to Tony's question... I actually got pretty decent results mastering songs from your cassettes to my digital recorder. It was good practice for the work on Marvin's song, which was created a la "Free as a Bird"... I played "Jeff Lynne" with Marvin's vocal/acoustic guitar, mastering the cassette recording to digital and adding the other instruments and backing vox.

More soon. Stay tuned. Thanks!

Some more background on John Lemonis from Marvin:

"When I was putting together "Reflections 2", Kay Bryson told me to contact John. He is a long-time musician friend of Kay's and Wally's and is presently living in Nashville, playing/writing/recording as a Christian artist. When John first sent me some of his songs (including "You're the Only One"), I was blown away. He is a very gifted singer/songwriter, blessed with a wonderful vision and inner peace. I encourage you to seek out his music. You won't be disappointed."

Bernie

Thanks very much, Marlene. There's plenty more. The response to this project was tremendous.

BTW, I wrote to John Lemonis to tell him about all the support and kudos his work has gained here.

Here's John's reply:

"Howard,

Wow! That's about all I can say...I've been nominated for Dove Awards and had #1 songs in Christian music, but to hear the phenomenal feedback from Raspberries/Eric Carmen fans goes beyond compare! I grew up a Raspberries/EC fanatic and the influence of their music consistently appears in mine. If you would post a word of "Thanks" for the response, I will supply information where they can find more information and music in the next few days. I am in the process of putting together a new web site and have two new projects coming out soon. One is a collection of songs from past projects (that I believe Raspberries/EC fans will enjoy, including "You're the Only One") and the other one is a new Gospel record - both due out in the next couple of months.

Thanks again, Howard.

God Bless You!

John Lemonis"