Different "Mind Games" CD

Matthew C. Clark

Raspbernie & others: I just bought the late John Lennon "Mind Games" from 1973 that has been remastered in a different form. I bought the CD last night. I have the original CD that came out back in 1987 so I am keeping that. The difference is the instruments or John's voice is different. Does any of you have the remastered CD? Also the book & lyrics is different. I wonder if Ice Magazine knows about this. Ice puts out an article called "The CD Watchdog" which has people arguing about what has gone wrong with the CD. Go to the website at icemagazine.com for more information. Matt

• 3 years later...

Raspbernie or others: There is a song that John did called "Nutopian International Anthem" which is only 3 seconds (1987 CD) or 6 seconds on the 2002 reissue. I would like to know, why is that song SILENT?? I thought that John would sing "Oh say, can you see" (Star Spangled Banner) & that's it. crazy What is the meaning of that song??? confused Matt P.S. On John Denver first album "Rhymes & Reasons" (RCA) from 1969, there is a song called "The Ballad Of Richard Nixon" which is 7 seconds of silence.

The trouble with the new John Lennon remasters is that Yoko has taken a revisionist outlook on his albums, and has decided to remix into what she thinks John would have wanted. "Sometime in New York City" has been issued without what was once Side 4 on vinyl. "Walls and Bridges" has a different cover. I'm surprised she didn't remove May Pangs backing vocals (Johns girlfriend at the time)from "#9 Dream", and replace them with her own!

I visit alot of music discussion sites, and these remastered CD's are a sore spot among Beatle fans...

Jeff

Zuke: Are you talkin' about the song "Intuition" (uh, uh, uh, uh, uh takes me there uh, uh, uh, uh, uh Intuition uh, uh, uh, uh, uh takes me anywhere." That song was also done by Irish singer Frances Black (sister of Mary Black) from the 1994 CD "Talk To Me" (Celtic Heartbeat/Universal). I thought that John was saying ma, ma, ma, ma, ma. confused Matt