This song makes me levitate.

Carmen Smalley

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr E:

I heard their other albums and wasn't really impressed but that one moment they had with IGDV was certainly cool.

I also LOVE first album by It´s A Beautiful Day,specially Time Is.
My sister used to date David LaFlamme way back in the ... Well it was either late 60's or early 70's.. I was a young kid. Funny memory, I was mad at her because it meant she broke up with her previous boyfriend who drew me pictures of Snoopy! laugh

Violin? Big deal. I want those Snoopy pictures!

The Simpsons did a great lampoon of this song. The family is sitting in church & the organist starts playing. The parishoners start singing "In the Garden of Eden." Marge turns to Homer (or maybe it's Homer that turns to Marge) and asks "remember when we used to make out to this hymn?" Cut to the organist playing with a scroll on the bottom that says "18 minutes later." She finishes the song & then drops dead on the organ.

Well, it was one of the very early "heavier" type songs that became popular. It was very fresh sound at the time, where now some of it might sound dated. I still have a place for it.... though I can't remember the last time I heard it, besides the youtube video obviously!

For a radio announcer in the 70's...the long version of this song was what you played when you really, really, needed a break for...something.

Which reminds me of Dan Ingram explaining the skills one needed to become a Top 40 jock -- being able to run down the hall to answer nature's call in under 2-1/2 minutes. haha