Bad news, sad news......

hollies65

Buddy Miles also died yesterday. I met him in 1971 at a small club in Texas and he spent an hour with me helping me develope a drumming "style". This was a guy who toured with Jimi Hendrix, Mike Bloomfield, and Otis Redding and he spent an hour with me... a 20 year old kid who walked into the empty club one afternoon because I was an Electric Flag fan.

When John Lennon was shot, I had just turned 18 years old. That was my reality call into my adulthood. I remember thinking then, John Lennon's dead and now I have to grow up. Now, just hearing the news about Mike Smith,,, now older in my middle 40's,,, now it just seems like all of our rock'n' roll heros are dying off!!! Where did the time go??? Life sure passes you by fast it seems.

Don't know if there are any "King Of Queens" fans here besides Ira and myself, but last night there was a fitting line in the show that aired.

Arthur Spooner (played so fabulously by Jerry Stiller) is kind of a kooky old guy, who still feels he's hip, and in this episode he takes a part time job working at a pretzel shop in the mall. Arthur decides to enhance business and starts a promotion of "buy ten pretzels, get the eleventh free". Only trouble is, he is marking the "x" in pen, so minutes after he starts the promotion, he has a full line of teenagers that already have ten "x's".

Arthur denies the tampered cards and shouts, "nice try, kids. You think you can fool me, just because you teenagers listen to that hip music now, like that Tom Jones and the Dave Clark Five!!!!!!"

Rest In Peace, Mike! You will always be remembered in rock and roll!

Sadly, pneumonia's not that uncommon an occurrence in quadraplegics like Mike, who are unable to move much.

However, his passing infuriates the Hell out of me, regarding that asshole Jann Wenner's decision to invalidate the DC5's election last year, assuming that they could get in the next election, and that the HoF really needs a rap act.....Thanks to his foolishness, two of the band, Mike Smith and Denny Payton (died in December 06), died before getting inducted. Shame on Wenner!!!!!!!