Ringo apologizes...kinda...sorta

Paul Davie

A statement was released a couple of hours ago from "Beatlefan" publisher Bill King...reportedly a good friend of Ringo's.

-----------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 1:15 PM

Subject: Ringo clarifies...

For Immediate Release

Ringo Starr Statement regarding recent video update on his website:

Ringo Starr recently put a video update on his official website asking people not to continue to send fan mail to be signed after October 20. This was in direct response to an inordinate amount of items which have recently appeared for sale on e-bay, and to those that repeatedly send cards and items to be signed.

This message was not aimed at "real fans" and after over 45 yrs of signing we know they will understand. Ringo has always signed items and is in fact the only Beatle to have been doing so.

Ringo also feels strongly that it is a waste of paper and we all should be mindful of our carbon footprint. At the end of the day Ringo wanted to make a message that was clear and to the point and is confident his real fans understand that.

That said, the recent response from the media has prompted him to clarify that video.

"How amazed am I to the reaction to my video update. I hope this statement gets as much. Please read this in a mellow way. Peace and love, Ringo."

Ringo can do no wrong in my world... my now 22 yr old son grew up on Thomas The Tank Engine from 1986-1991. Since I grew up with the Beatles (I think I was 16 when they were on Ed Sullivan... It was great fun to watch Ringo on Thomas... He certainly has the right to refuse autographs... there will always be people who like to take advantage and this was one way to discourage the nonsense. Why on earth would he sign memorabilia only to be sold on E Bay. We are sure living in greedy times... and I, unfortunately, live in the heart of GREED/SIN CITY. Love talking to you sensible East Coasters!!