Choir Reunion

Roadie #3

My favorite photo of The Choir is of the band with The Yardbirds at:

In The Choir/Yardbirds photo: that's Jim Bonfanti standing at the left, with Wally Bryson sitting on the floor in the front row with his hands on one knee and Dave Smalley sitting in a chair at the far right --- with Jimmy Page (Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin) fourth from the left in the back row!

Great article on The Choir, co-written by Denny Carleton (another former member of the band, and a Cleveland radio deejay, with a website at http://www.dennycarleton.com) at: http://www.raspberries.net/choir.htm

Don smile

By the look of things, if The Choir does more concerts in the future and records them, like The Raspberries did, we might see both of them on the www.PBS.org site, where many musical acts are shown on local T.V.

I was talking to a musician friend of mine, last night, about the Dionne Warwick tribute at www.KodakTheater.com . He told me that he watches the same local T.V. show that I do, at www.KOCE.org .(See monthly highlights). Last month, there were more singers and bands.

Dionne's tribute could be on national and local PBS stations, eventually.

Just seeing how happy the singers and musicians are to talk about their programming, when they sing on that show, or talk about a show they did on video or DVD. It's sort of like, "Yeah, this place is where we want to be".

Sometimes the musical acts from the same era are shown with many bands on one tape. And, they are recorded live in one night at a concert hall and shown later, on T.V. Or, a DVD or video by themselves with their own songs, interviews, and maybe footage from the past. Like, places they played. They talk about other people who played there at that time.

Glad the show hasn't sold out yet. I have a few sisters to ask whether they would like to go...

What makes this doubly cool is that my two nieces are distantly related to the Klawon family. My younger sis didn't plan it that way, but she so happened to have married a guy who is related to the Klawons. Ever since I found that out I have been convinced that my nieces have "music in their blood." And as it so happens, they just got guitars for Christmas, and one of them now owns two harmonicas, and they keep talking about starting a band...

I should add: when I first talked to my sisters about this show, the first reaction of one of them was "Oh no, does this mean the Raspberries have broken up again?" LOL! I assured her it was a one-off show, rather than a permanent reunion that superseded the Raspberries thing. At least that's how it sounds...right, guys????