My 5 favorite Soul music songs.....

hollies65

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw James in concert a few weeks ago, and was totally blown away by his band, his musicianship and his stage presence. Wonderful performer. Looking forward to his new release.

John thanks for the tip on Ryan Shaw. I just checked out some of his stuf on MySpace, and he really has a nice 'nostalgic' feel.

I think this is probably impossible, but off the top of my head, the ones that pop into my mind are:

(Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You Been Gone - Aretha Franklin

La La Means I Love You - The Delfonics

Cowboys To Girls - The Intruders

Too Busy Thinkin' Bout My Baby - Marvin Gaye

You Are The Circus - C + The Shells

(but I know that at any given moment I might think... "uh, wait a minute, what about Take Care Of Your Homework, or Pickin' Wild Mountain Berries, or Young Hearts Run Free, or Tired Of Being Alone, or You've Got Me Danglin' On A String, or Patches... geez, Patches, gotta put Patches in there... or (There's Gonna Be A) Showdown, or Your Love by Graham Central Station...

and about 100 more after that...

Having not read this thread before I posted (for fear of tainting my response, I am now catching up and JohnO, your private mailbox is full...

and here's what I was trying to send you:

Re: Eli

I mentioned him in the What are you currently listening to thread about a month ago. I LOVE Eli "Paperboy" Reed... and although I think the album will fall through the cracks, I think he's got a bright future.

Marc - I've been looking for Eli's CD ever since my buddy told me about him at SXSW last month...and lo and behold, I got a promo copy last week! Amazing voice that kid has!!! And a great band too! (and I understand he was wearing a loud and very shiny blue sharkskin suit on at his Austin show....)

Thanks for telling me about my PM box - I just purged most of its messages...