BOSTON TOUR !!

dianed

I know that there are many Boston fans on this board who were deeply saddened with the sudden passing of Brad Delp last year. Well, the band will be touring this summer with a new lead vocalist, Tommy DeCarlo. This guy is amazing !!! There will never be another Brad Delp, but this guy comes so close it’s scary !!

For those of you in New York, they will be performing at the Jones Beach Theatre. I know I’ll be there.

Check him out at: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=585070

Tour information can be found at : http://www.bandboston.com/

Thanks Diane. As a huge Boston fan I must say Tommy sounds pretty good. Add Tom Scholz production values I' m sure it will be a great sound.

You are correct, there will never be another Brad but Tommy will be close. Be sure to give us a critique of the concert.

Guest Fresh

Thanks for the heads-up.I will be seeing them in Bethlehem,PA at the annual Musikfest on Aug.8th. Now if only there was a Raspberries concert to plan for!!!

They're an all time favorite of mine--so sad when we lost Brad Delp. I got their first album for my 16th birthday-still have it along with all the rest of their albums and matching CD's. My first concert was Boston in '77('78?) at the Knoxville Civic Coliseum. I was so excited and it was great!! Until someone in the row behind me threw up all over me!! crazy

They feel like a summer band to me--memories of my friends and me hanging out at the public pool with "More Than a Feeling" blasting out over the speakers! Great music, great times!

I just read the USA.today article (5/2/08)about this guy - he's a Home depot manager, 42 years old, married with two kids and by sheer luck, karma or divine intervention, someone steered his Myspace page to Boston management...and the rest they say is history.

I'm getting tickets!! I think for PNC Arts Center!

Last time I had Boston tickets, they shared a bill with Styx (as they are this time) except that the concert got cancelled at the last minute because Styx lost their drummer the night before. i can't remember his name - i think he has a twin/younger brother who played with Toto and has an association with Eric...killed too many brain cells on vacation!!!!

I am listening to "Take my breath away" from the same link (I lust for Rex Smith big time) after listening to "More than A Feeling" and "Rock and Roll Band" and I am not convinced yet. He definitely has a good voice but I am wondering if he'll hold up during touring.

Then again, as Beatlejay and I discussed at the NY Raspberries shows and offline, we just can't imagine anyone else but Brad Delp.

the concert got cancelled at the last minute because Styx lost their drummer the night before. i can't remember his name - i think he has a twin/younger brother who played with Toto and has an association with Eric...killed too many brain cells on vacation!!!!

You're confusing the Panozzo twins and the Porcaro brothers.

The late John Panozzo was Styx's drummer. His twin brother Chuck plays bass for Styx.

The late Jeff Porcaro has been cited by Eric as one of his favorite drummers to work with. He and his brother, keyboardist Steve, were among the studio session musicians who started Toto. A third Porcaro brother, Mike, officially joined Toto on bass starting with their huge "IV" album.

Hey Boston is kicking off their Summer Tour at our Marina in Thunder Bay...Eddie Money and Kim Mitchell are opening acts as well. Last time Eddie Money played at our auditorium he was...shall I say, not exactly 'focused' to put it politely. I don't know how many of you out there have even heard of Kim Mitchell but he's kind of iconic up here...did a song called "Might as Well go for A Soda".

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/DABIGBADWOLF/bostonstart.jpg