Songs That Make You Cry

darlene

I cry EVERY time I hear Devil and The Deep Blue Sea. Every time.

Some other songs that make me cry:

Boats Against The Current (Eric Carmen)

I'm Through With Love (Eric Carmen)

After You (Eric Carmen)

Don't Wanna Say Goodbye (Raspberries)

New Version of I Wanna Be With You (Raspberries)

If You Change Your Mind (Raspberries)

Love of the Heart Divine (Chris DeBurgh)

No Tears In Heaven (Eric Clapton)

My Name is Luka (Suzanne Vega)

In My Daughter's Eyes (a country song by Martina McBride, but I have my mother's eyes and I cry for her every time I hear this)

My brain is fudge from doing school work all day, and this is all I can think of for now.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

What are yours?

smile --Darlene

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My choices are kinda weird, so first a little background. I met my friend Judi at our college radio station. She was very excited when she got her own show. A few days before her first show, she was very nervous. She asked if I could run the board for her first show as it would give her one less thing to worry about. The very first song she ever played was "Beautiful Music" by Barry Manilow. Judi was a huge Jackson Browne fan and would often play "You Love the Thunder" on her shows. A year after we graduated, Judi passed away very suddenly. Those two songs will forever remind me of her. I can still hear her voice as she introed "Beautiful Music." The songs remind me of how much fun we had together and how almost 25 years after her passing, how much I still miss her.

I'll think of more songs, later:

Honey(Bobby Goldsboro) I bought his greatest hits that are back out. It's in my car. I'll get the exact title in the morning.

Patches(Clarence Walker) A sad song about a father in the south, who worked so hard. His wife prayed for his strength-"Lord, give him strength to make another day".

Ol' Man River(Frank Sinatra)What a show-stopper song.

Let Me Try Again(Frank Sinatra)

My Way(Frank Sinatra)Because of the sadness, and strength of a man who gives his all, in spite of what he's been through. I can sing over his voice live on this one, and unless someone is looking, they don't know there's another singer.

There Used To Be A Ballpark(Frank Sinatra)

Have I Told You Lately(Rod Stewart)

Papa(Paul Anka)

This Is It, This Is Love(Paul Anka)

Boats Against The Current(Eric Carmen)

Go All The Way(The Raspberries)

My Eyes Adored You(Frankie Valli)

You're Just Too Good To Be True(Frankie Valli)

Tragedy(The Bee Gees)

It's The Falling In Love(Michael Jackson) I've song over his voice and the original song live, before.

On My Way, and at friends parties, I like to change the lyrics, if it's music only, or sing off the beat of Frank, and go into the higher pitch near the end, of the songwriter, Paul Anka. It's quite an effect, because people can still hear Frank:

Look around, look what he brought

When you give of your self

Do you give all you've got?!!

In everything he'd say just the way that he'd feel

They're not just some words. They're something that's real. Theeee record shows, and God only

knows. -That I should thank him, Myyy Wa~yyy!!!

Remember Your Way; His Way!!; And..God's WAYYY!!!!!

What's Going On - Marvin Gaye (If any one song could be described as "perfect" then this one would be it)

Woman - John Lennon (One of the greatest love songs ever written - even if it is about Yoko)

Because Of You - Chris Rea

Lady - Kenny Rogers

Just As Though You Were Here - Frank Sinatra

This One's For You - Barry Manilow

Magically - Kyle Vincent (This song strikes so many chords with me I wouldn't even know where to start)

Bridge - Kyle Vincent (See "Magically")

Well, I cannot admit that I would ever cry (see Kathy's "You Men Need to Read This" thread)... :-)

But... I do get a little choked up when I hear:

* "Surfer Girl," by the Beach Boys: the song I played (and sang, badly) a million times to my 1st daughter, now 6, to calm her down as a baby. She was singing it herself before she was talking.

* "If I Fell," by the Beatles: the song I played (and sang, badly) a million times to my 2nd daughter, now 3, to calm her down as a baby. She also loves "Surfer Girl."

* the slow (underground) versions of "Let's Pretend" (Kirschner) and "I Wanna Be With You" (VH1), by Raspberries. They just take me back.... Okay, throw in "Boats Against the Current," too....

* "The Long and Winding Road," by the Beatles or Paul McCartney solo. Another takes-me-back song. (Apologies to RazWine.)

* "God Only Knows," by the Beach Boys. Especially the stripped-down rare version on the Endless Harmony CD.

Damn. "Everything I Own" by Bread (the cover by Chris von Sneidern is also excellent) gets me every time.

Is there anyone who can't say they have had at least one person in their lives who they feel that way about? And the older you get, the more people you feel that way about.

I cry just thinking about it.

Damn. "Everything I Own" by Bread (the cover by Chris von Sneidern is also excellent) gets me every time.

Is there anyone who can't say they have had at least one person in their lives who they feel that way about? And the older you get, the more people you feel that way about.

I cry just thinking about it.

Yes, I agree 100%. This song gets me every time, too. I had the privilege of seeing CvS perform it at a "house" concert a few years back and it was very emotional.

The tune's emotional pull was strengthened even more for me after I found out that David Gates wrote it after the passing of his father.

"Everything I Own"! YES! I had forgotten about that one, Trindy. It gets me, too. Very well said!

Laurel Hill's "I'll Remember You" is sad because the first time I heard it was when Sergei Grinkov (the figure skater) died at Lake Placid and his wife, Ekaterina Gordeeva, had it sung at his special memorial program. I think of him every time I hear it.

"Baby of Mine" is soooooo sweet. Ahhhhh...

smile --D

Well, I cannot admit that I would ever cry (see Kathy's "You Men Need to Read This" thread)... :-)

But... I do get a little choked up when I hear:

* "Surfer Girl," by the Beach Boys: the song I played (and sang, badly) a million times to my 1st daughter, now 6, to calm her down as a baby. She was singing it herself before she was talking.

* "If I Fell," by the Beatles: the song I played (and sang, badly) a million times to my 2nd daughter, now 3, to calm her down as a baby. She also loves "Surfer Girl."

* the slow (underground) versions of "Let's Pretend" (Kirschner) and "I Wanna Be With You" (VH1), by Raspberries. They just take me back.... Okay, throw in "Boats Against the Current," too....

* "The Long and Winding Road," by the Beatles or Paul McCartney solo. Another takes-me-back song. (Apologies to RazWine.)

* "God Only Knows," by the Beach Boys. Especially the stripped-down rare version on the Endless Harmony CD.

I guess I like Surfer Girl enough but I adore your other choices. Would kill for a clean CD version of Raspberries performing slow version of "Let's Pretend" into "Starting Over" from Kirschner Show.

If I Fell was my first favorite Beatles song going back to the Saturday Morning Beatles Cartoon Show.