new improved Zombies Live

sterling

http://www.rodargent.com/

Just go to this website of Rod Argent and go to the right side and you will see a choice to view the hour long video of him and fellow Zombie Colin Blodstone (sp). These guys have great vocal range and bring back all the Zombies hits and other songs as well such as "What Became of a Broken Heart" by David Ruffian. Enjoy...It is a great hour long concert!!

Phil

This video is currently playing while I am writing a test. It is FANTASTIC. What vocal range and harmonies. These guys can play anything. Marvin, shame on you for missing the show. 3 lashes with Wayne Gretzkey's hockey stick. OUCH. They are just fantastic. Have you played the hour long concert yet....

PHIL

Marv,

Their bass player played bass for the Kinks. I just cannot believe you took a pass on that. That is like missing Paul and Ringo playing the coffeehouse circuit in Calgary and you had to stay and watch 24 on TV. This will never be lived down.

Phil

Okay guys,

For any of you able to look at this video...I just had a thought.

lead singer Colin Blandston looks very much like Jim Bontfanti and Rod Argent looks live Dave Smalley at Eric Carmen's keyboard. YIKES!!!!

I just listened to "She's Not There" which is near the end of the video. WOW...it will blow your socks off! Marvin...how could you have missed this one?

Phil

I saw them a couple of years ago. They were great. The bass player was a childhood friend who happened to be in another local (more successful) band so he turned down their offer to join back in the day. He joined the Kinks in the late 70's. After the show they signed autographs and shook hands. Great guys.

I've seen the reunited Zombies 5 times, thrice co-headlining with the late Arthur Lee & Love.

Always a very good show, sometimes excellent (especially when they play mostly 60's/70's material, and less of their latest CD, "As Far As I Can See")

Jim Rodford, their bassist, was originally in The Mike Cotton Sound (the reason he turned down the Zombies in the early 60s), later in Argent, then the Kinks (replacing John Dalton, who had replaced Peter Quaife). The Zombies' drummer now is Jim's son Steve. Their guitarist, IMO the weak link in the band (always does a "She's Not There" solo with a lot of metal shredding/2 hands on the fretboard tapping nonsense), Keith Airey, is Don Airey's son....Don's played keyboards in literally dozens of Brit bands, most recently Deep Purple for the past 4-5 years.