Nice present from Rick Neilson!!

sterling

I live in Rockford, IL which happens to be the hometown of Cheap Trick. One of my students before school bumped into me in the hall....

And said ".... You remember last year you said you liked Cheap Trick?"...."Well, Rick Neilsen is my neighbor and I told him what you said and he said to give this to you"

It was an autographed guitar pick with Cheao Trick and his signature on it!!

Now that is a nice present!

I also heard about a month ago there is a billiards hall/bar two blocks from my school and Cheap Trick was playing there unannounced working out either some new materail and concert songs....WOW ...now wouldn't that had been nice to know about.

Phil

Phil: All the reports I get from people who bump into Rick in Rockford (like at the Beef-A-Roo, for example) say he's a really nice guy. I can vouch for that from years and years back.

Hey; I'll be in Loves Park (home of Robin Zander) tomorrow watching a fourth grader toodle "The William Tell Overture" (that's what the sheet music says, even if it's not what my ears are hearing) on a clarinet.

I'll be lookin' for ya, pal.

"K"

Hey Tom,

Have fun at the concert. Someday you need to stop in to see my nephew. He runs a bar in Woodstock called D.C. Cobbs. Ever hear of it? You did talk to him awhile back when he was at The Public House. I have not made it to DC Cobbs yet so check it out.

Phil

A friend of mine named Tyler opened a music store in McHenry after years of playing in various local bands. About a year after opening the store he was diagnosed with brain cancer. He had met Rick Neilsen several time in his music career and Rick called him several times to see how he and his family were doing. A real class act. When you stop by D.C.Cobbs, check out the Woodstock theatre up the street. My daughter is one of the managers there.