Van Halen

I went to see Van Halen here in Milwaukee last night (Yes, they actually showed up for the re-scheduled date).

I was pleasantly surprised how good the show was. They played songs from each of their first 6 albums, including some they had rarely played in concert e.g. "Little Dreamer", "Jamie's Cryin'", "Atomic Punk", and others... David was in good voice, Alex can still pound the drums, Wolfgang actually was very good on the Bass and backing vocals, and Eddie looked and played terrific! It was far from a sellout, but they rocked for over 2 hours. Has anyone else seen them on this tour?

Tim

You are correct Ernie - Michael was a huge part of the Van Halen sound. Not only with his Bass playing, but he sang a lot more than most people realize. I was fortunate to see every tour back in the day - including when they opened for Black Sabbath in support of their first album - and they were one of the best live acts out there. FYI: It pains me to say it since I am a huge Ozzy / Black Sabbath fan, but Van Halen blew them off the stage on that first tour!

Tim

tim,i saw that same tour and you're right,van halen totally blew them off the stage!!! we got there late and i think they were playing "jamies crying" and i thought damn!! these guys are something special..their youthfulness and energy onstage was amazing to say the least,and eddie,good god,is all i could say..every musician's eyes were glued on him,me included..lol,chris

• 1 month later...