Rolling Stones at Super Bowl

sterling

How come-to the best of my knowledge-The Stones don't do more of their great 60's songs and singles.Do they think that with the exception of Satisfaction and I'm told they sometimes do Paint It Black-it's uncool to do the stuff from the original "British Invasion"? I think 19th Nervous Breakdown,Get Off Of My Cloud,Stupid Girl,Under My Thumb,Mother's Little Helper,Heart Of Stone,As Tears Go By,Time Is On My Side,et al are great Rock And Roll.Again-maybe they do some of this stuff-I'm not the biggest Stones authority-but peeking at set lists (sometimes) and Greatest Hits collections I don't see much of this stuff.I understand that Start Me Up is a great drunken "Party Record' but I don't think it's a great record.-Ira.

Mick Jagger did his best Tina Turner strut as always... he needs to learn a new dance. It looked as if Ron Wood was playing alot of lead...KR was doing some great strums but not as good as it could have been. I liked Mick Jaggers comment before playing Satisfaction... "we could have played this at Superbowl 1 Halftime show".... that was classic. Ira Hot Rocks was my first Stones album and I agree they dont play much from that anymore... although I like Start Me Up even when I'm sober. LOL

Agree with Ira....aside from Satisfaction, Paint It Black, Ruby Tuesday, Little Red Rooster (about 10 years ago, I think), Not Fade Away (3 tours ago?), and a couple of soul covers (Everybody Needs Somebody, That's How Strong My Love Is), the Stones haven't been doing anything from their first 6-7 LPs in years. In addition th Ira's list, I'd also like to hear The Last Time and Tell Me. They appear to be primarily catering to their 70's catalog enthusiasts.

I left the room at halftime, but I thought that watching the Stones perform these days was like watching those skeletons play on that famous Grateful Dead video, "Touch Of Grey".

As soon as I hear that "Start Me Up" riff for the 500th time, I just get bored. The Stones, like The Grateful Dead, just never really appealed to me...Maybe with another lead singer, some of their songs might be stronger, since many were well written...