Ian Hunter

marvin

Right on with "You're Never Alone." A great album that produced "Ships", "Cleveland Rocks", "Just Another Night", and "Bastard", to name four songs. The core of the band on that album was the E Street Band.

Ian is touring, check out www.ianhunter.com for more details. I saw him in the late 1980's in a small club in Mtl, with opening act Steve Jones (Clash).

Marv

I've seen Ian Hunter perform live dozens of times starting when he was in Mott. The last time was in support of his EXCELLENT "Rant" album, and I gotta tell you -- he still kicks some MAJOR butt on stage -- EXCEPTIONAL voice, SUPER COOL stage presence, and decades of INSANELY GREAT material to choose from. I don't care how old he is, SEE HIM! You will not be disappointed.

Bernie

Ian performed with the Ringo All-Starrs a few years ago...He also wrote/recorded some songs on the BOUCHARD,DUNAWAY,SMITH album a few years back...I think it was calle "Back from Hell"...I should remember the title as I am thanked in the liner notes(with my real name)...

I was shocked when "Rant" was released in 2000, since it had been a while since Hunter had released any material. Considering he's been recording on/off since the 1960's, in my opinion, "Rant" is as good as anything put out by musicians that have been recording over that period.

Marv

Great news on the tour Marv. maybe Ian's working west-to-east in the US this summer.

Some cool pictures of Ian and friends here .

Mick Ronson fans will surely appreciate.

So, too, will those remotely interested in whatever happened to various members of the original Alice Cooper Band. Lookin' good!

Keep scrolling.

"K"

• 1 month later...

Just listened to Ian's new CD for the first time and it is INCREDIBLE! Right now, the song to beat is "When The World Was Round," but "Shrunken Heads" is giving it a run for its money. Man, Ian keeps writing AMAZING tunes. His lyrics are incomparable! The music is not so shabby either. Not to mention that this CD is recorded with GREAT dynamics. I'm giving it 9 out of 10, but ask me later as that rating may very well go up!!!

Bernie

"Roll Away The Stone" is a GREAT tune, but IMHO Ariel Bender was a poor substitute for Mick Ralphs. He was fine in the studio, but was not good at all when the band performed live! I was at a Mott show back in the '70s and a fan grabbed hold of bass player Overland Watts' high-heeled boots and literally pulled him off the stage into the audience! Security sprung into action and got him back onstage, but that was a moment to remember!

Bernie