Dion's New CD

JohnO

While I know nothing about a new Belmonts album coming out shortly, I just did receive a promo copy of Dion's new CD, "Heroes: Giants of Early Guitar Rock". Unlike his last 2 CDs, sets of acoustic blues, this one is with a full electric band, and consists of 50s covers. The song list:

Summertime Blues, Come On Let's Go, Rave On, Believe What You Say, Bye Bye Love, Be-Bop-A-Lula, Runaway, Jailhouse Rock, I Walk The Line, Blue Sueded Shoes, Who Do You Love, Sweet Little Rock & Roller, Dream Baby, Shake Rattle & Roll, and The Wanderer.

While Dion, of course, sings the piss out of these tunes, the arrangements are all pretty standard/faithful, and few of them equal or surpass the originals. Just wish he had gone a different route, and maybe covered lesser-known songs by the same artists.

On the other hand, it's good to hear him again with a band - his best electric effort since the live Little Kings album from '01 (featuring Scott Kempner of The Dictators on lead guitar and musical arrangements).

Don't know...the booklet didn't come with my promo copy. The only name I've been able to find on various sites is one Robert "Crow" Richardson, who played a lot of the lead guitar on it....and I don't have a clue who he is.

My guess is Dion used whoever's playing live with him nowadays.