Spanky and Our Gang

raspathens

• 16 years later...

The link above is long-broken, but I bet it was one of these songs. I always loved that big voice of Elaine "Spanky" McFarlane. Reminds me of Mama Cass Elliott... so it made sense that she performed and toured with The New Mama's and the Pappas from the mid-1980s through the early 1990s, handling Cass's parts.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, LC said:

The link above is long-broken, but I bet it was one of these songs. I always loved that big voice of Elaine "Spanky" McFarlane. Reminds me of Mama Cass Elliott... so it made sense that she performed and toured with The New Mama's and the Pappas from the mid-1980s through the early 1990s, handling Cass's parts.

Yes, I often got them mixed up....LOL!

7 hours ago, LC said:

Spanky was an excellent replacement. IMHO. Similarly, I saw Boston perform in Bethlehem, PA at the old steel mill in 2016 and the replacement singer for the late Bradley Delp, Tommy DeCarlo, was excellent. Actually, they knocked everyone's socks off!