Jeff Healy dead.....

hollies65

Jeff battled cancer much of his life. That's how he lost his sight as an infant. A great talent. This time cancer took the round.

A long-time friend of mine was his guidance counselor at Etobicoke Collegiate [Ee TOE bi coe] in west Toronto. A really nice guy with a ton of talent. MANY will miss Jeff desparately.

By the way...Harrison playing on Healy's version of WMGGW is a rumour. I don't know that it's actually true. In fact I doubt it. Being a Toronto guy who worked Toronto radio for some 16 years...I would have thought that THAT would have been common knowledge. I NEVER heard that during my 'tenure' there.

I was absolutely 'stunned' when this was announced! It seems sometimes that 'spring' is not always a renewal of life in the manner we have become most accustomed too! That's several incredibly talented people gone too soon in just a short period of time..talk about "If there's a Rock & Roll Heaven"!! Good-bye for now Jeff.....