Favorite Christmas song

Kirk

What's yours? As I was driving up Pacific Coast Highway coming home from my mom's house today, they played my favorite- "O Come All Ye Faithful". My wife's favorite is "Do You Hear What I Hear?" (that one is in my top 5).

One evening in the late 70's, I had our church pipe organ to myself. This is a SERIOUS pipe organ. We're talking 32' pipes! I literally pulled out the stops and played "O Come All Ye Faithful", and I gotta tell you, the hair on the back of my neck was still standing several minutes later.

Oh, and today on the radio, after "O Come All Ye Faithful", what do they play? Yep, "Feliz Navidad" :rolleyes: Kirk.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirk your stations are already playing Christmas music? That's WAY TOO EARLY for me.

For the most part I like the traditional religious Christmas music ("O Come All Ye Faithful", "Silent Night", etc.), but there are some 'pop' songs that I can handle:

Brenda Lee: "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"

Springsteen: "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town"

Mellencamp: "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus"

Eurhytmics: "Winter Wonderland"

U2: "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)"

Eagles: "Please Come Home for Christmas"

and yes Kirk, even "Feliz Navidad."

Marv

Most of my favorite "new" songs have been mentioned Springsteen, Mellencamp, Henley, Elton, etc.

You want new versions of Christmas, my top songs would be most of the Brian Setzer Orchesta Christmas cd/dvd... Jingle Bells, Dig that Crazy Santa Claus, Everybody's waiting for the man with the Bag, even Nutcracker Suite (Grammy). Mixes in some Stay Cats, and does a version of In The Mood called "Gettin in the Mood" where he wrote the lyrics that will knock your socks off. Very enthusiatic crowd. DVD better than CD, orchestra and back-up singers have lot's of choreography.

Saw it live, best holiday concert ever.. rocked out those traditonal numbers.

Read the DVD reviews on Amazon.. The Brian Setzer Orchestra Live: Christmas Extravaganza!

http://www.amazon.com/Brian-Setzer-Extravaganza-P%C3%AFerre-Lamoureux/dp/B000B5IOSE/sr=8-3/qid=1164849747/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3/002-6010608-0355252?ie=UTF8&s=dvd