Best "Covers"-IMHO

ira

"Jeez...You even know Brooklyn and Manhattan better than me thru your frequent musical excursions."

Will be there again the weekends of Sept. 5-7 and Sept. 12-14, to see my SF buddies Magic Christian - at Maxwells (Hoboken) on 9/7 with The A-Bones, and 9/12 at Union Hall (Brooklyn) with The Fleshtones.

Power Pop fans, please note!!! This band has Cyril Jordan (Flamin' Groovies of "Shake Some Action" fame - 23rd best power pop album of all-time per Popdude's book (and the source of the book's title)), Eddie Munoz (Plimsouls, whose debut album made #35 on Mr. Borack's list), Clem Burke (Blondie's drummer), and Paul Kopf, who used to book the Bay Pop Festival in SF, and whose vocal range goes from Jagger to early Daltrey. This is the closest thing to a power pop supergroup you'll ever see!

Shows:

9/5 - Philadelphia - Johnny Brenda's

9/6 - Boston - Middle East

9/7 - Hoboken - Maxwells

9/8 - at WFMU in NYC for a live show

9/10 - Rehoboth Beach, DE - Dogfish Head Pub

9/11 - Arlington, VA - Iota

9/12 - Brooklyn - Union Hall

9/13 - Harrisburg - Gullifty's

Will be playing with The Fleshtones from 9/10 on....

GMan...I don't even begin to understand the crazy production of the Beach Boys' version. To me it's like Brian on acid in the control room.

It even went to #5...And I wonder how much of it's success was due to the whole "Brian's Back" Campaign...The release of "15 Big Ones",The 'Boys 15th Anniversary, and NBC's famous Beach Boy special where an out-of-shape Brian is forced to surf by Police officers Akroyd and Belushi.-Ira.

Ya wanna hear a good cover...Listen to "When You Walk In The Room" by GMan and his buddy Jimmy and his group that I like to call the "Bayonne-nets". happy -Ira.

I agree. (And I'm glad you don't call them "The Bayonnettes.")

But I've been so into The Raspberries and EC songs I haven't heard that lately. Shouldn't I at least try to sing one more EC song first, though? smile

"The First Cut Is the Deepest".....originally by Cat Stevens. One of my all time favorites !!

Its been covered by Rod Stewart, Sheryl Crow and Linda Ronstadt. While all these covers are very very good, I'm still partial to the original.

I like Keith Hampshire's version the best. Rod Stewart left off the last line of the chorus in his version.