Bubblegum Music

Tiggsherby

On Sunday I went to Wildwood, NJ to see a free oldies show (God bless my 15 yr old daughter and her two friends for tolerating 2 1/2 hours of it).

On the bill:

Jim Yester (The lead singer of the Association)...he played an acoustic solo set, and at 67 he couldn't quite hit some of those notes but the Association had some real timeless classics, so the set was quite enjoyable.

Ron Dante (The Archies and the Cufflinks)...a great performance, he played all of the Archie hits and other Top 40 classics from the late 60's. "Tracy", the Cufflinks tune, is one of my all time pop favorites.

The 1910 Fruitgum Co....now who'd have thunk that these guys were still getting paid to perform. They also put on a tremendous show (they also were the backing band for Dante).

Again, outside of their hit's they played other classic pop songs of the late 60's and early 70's.

Anyway....what are your favorite "bubblegum" songs of all time. And if you want, define what make a song "bubblegum music"?

My top three bubblegum songs:

1. Sugar, Sugar

2. Yummy, Yummy, Yummy

3. 1 2 3 Redlight

Hey Marvin,

I was just really giving my thoughts on the show I just saw on Sunday. I remember the Bubblegum Thread but not everyone has time to post/respond to every thread they read, so it is OK to revisit topics from time to time.

Hey Tunes....That Bo Donaldson song is also one of my favorites, in fact, the last time I saw Ron Dante...Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods were his backing band and then they did a set on their own.

I guess one of my points here is that if groups like the 1910 Fruitgum Co can still make money playing....why can't the Raspberries?