Lindsey Buckingham to release solo album in fall

aggiesjc

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't miss Lindsey on CMT this Saturday nite (tomorrow, 12/2) with country act Little Big Town, show is "Crossroads" at 9PM.

Joyce wink

Joyce,

THANKS for posting this note! I rarely have CMT on, so I would have missed this.

I love Lindsey's style and intensity, and I love seeing him play in concert, even if it's on TV.

I've been lucky enough to see him live a few times, going all the way back to... 1982. Fleetwood Mac played the last day of the "US Festival." (How many of you remember that? The marriage of computers and rock'n'roll, masterminded by Steve Wozniak of Apple. The Mac was magical that night in the sweaty, dusty desert of San Bernadino, Calif., on the last day of a three-day concert....)

More recently, I saw LB with FM a couple years ago in Worcester, Mass. Man, can he crank. But what a sense of melody, too. "Big Love," "Bleed to Love Her," "Say Goodbye".... so many great songs.

Anyway, I've always thought of Lindsey as underrated, but it seems like he's finally getting more widespread recognition.

PS: Jen, let us know how that show goes (or, shows, if you get to both).... He always seems to have a surprise at his concerts, doesn't he?

I'm a huge Lindsey fan... but am sorry to report that the Portland show a few weeks back was not as good as I was hoping. Partly due to the fact that the Newmark theatre where he performed was built for plays or monologues... didn't seem to me to be very well built for acoustics.. Muddy sound. and performance -wise OK-ish, but not in the same league as the Out of the Cradle tour which was one of the best shows I've seen.