Aerosmith-Cheap Trick tour cancelled

Don_Krider

Steve Tyler of Aerosmith will undergo surgery this week, so the Aerosmith-Cheap Trick tour has been cancelled. According to news reports, the surgery will keep Steve from singing for two or three months, so Aerosmith has put its tour and recording plans on hold.

Reuters is reporting today that the surgery is on Steve's throat, while the Associated Press said yesterday the surgery is for "an undislosed medical condition."

Reuters: http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticl...EROSMITH-DC.XML

AP: http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/entertainment/article.adp?id=20060321233009990007&cid=

I knew something was up when Aerosmith and Cheap Trick cancelled their Lexington, Ky., Rupp Arena appearance the first week of March (my son and I were pretty disappointed). Apparently they cancelled 20 dates on this tour.

I hope everything turns out well for Steve, he seems like a great guy. He's one of the great voices of rock 'n' roll in my opinion. He turns 58 this coming Sunday, according to the news reports.

On a more positive note, I'm looking forward to Cheap Trick's new "Rockford" CD on June 6.

Don

I'm just hopeing the rummors of throat cancer are not true and that this great voice may be on it's way to being silenced forever. Feel bad for all the crew members who have been put outta work suddenly and now have no Spring Summer tour work. I hope they will be able to hook up with other people.......

Let's put Steven in our prayers. What an extraordinarily talented guy. Music just drives him. Let's hope it's just benign vocal chord problems or nodules...One needs complete vocal rest after that kind of operation--sometimes an entire year.

When I read this, I tried to think positive and lean toward the lighter side. I'm sending Steven gallons and gallons of lemonade thoughts.

--Darlene