You knew I'd post this eventually....

hollies65

No one sounds like vintage Hollies. Clarkes nasal tenor is a unique and great instrument...when mixed with Nash's incredibly high 60s tenor[Paul McCartney was quoted as saying he thought Nash's voice at the end of the chorus in 'I Can't Let Go' was a trumpet] and Hicks smooth bottom it made for the 60s most exciting harmonies. Notice I didn't say most Beautiful or perfect...exciting.

...when mixed with Nash's incredibly high 60s tenor[Paul McCartney was quoted as saying he thought Nash's voice at the end of the chorus in 'I Can't Let Go' was a trumpet] and Hicks smooth bottom it made for the 60s most exciting harmonies.

You've seen Tony Hicks' bottom? arrgheek

(Just joshing - I love the Hollies, too.)

All this is reminding me I need to be updating all my old Hollies vinyl into something current. I never listen to them anymore because I don't have anything to play them on, and this video makes me long for a good catching up.

Barely catch a glimpse of Nash or Calvert in this video.

Actually, there is a nice shot of Tony's bottom in this video, Popdude! Some snug pants make it pretty obvious.

• 2 weeks later...