Rush Sucks

They just never impressed me that much. Of course, my musical standards are pretty high, and nobody ever came near Raspberries for me, in just sheer excitement alone. I did indeed see John Lennon and Harry Nilsson (and May Pang) all onstage at the March of Dimes Walk-a-Thon concert in Central Park in New York at VERY close range (since I was SITTING right on the stage facing the audience and looking back over my shoulder at the performers), and while it was exciting to see them (especially John, who, for some reason, I expected would be taller), it was the Berries that rang my chimes the most even THAT day! They still do.

smile --Darlene

They just never impressed me that much. Of course, my musical standards are pretty high, and nobody ever came near Raspberries for me, in just sheer excitement alone. I did indeed see John Lennon and Harry Nilsson (and May Pang) all onstage at the March of Dimes Walk-a-Thon concert in Central Park in New York at VERY close range (since I was SITTING right on the stage facing the audience and looking back over my shoulder at the performers), and while it was exciting to see them (especially John, who, for some reason, I expected would be taller), it was the Berries that rang my chimes the most even THAT day! They still do.

smile --Darlene

Hey dar, you're not refering to the WNEW-FM concert in Central Park that the Raspberries played at with their new linup prior to the release of the Starting Over LP are you?

Oh I wouldn't want to go off thread "RUSH SUCKS"

Wait a minute. STOP THE PRESSES

A warm and sincere Thank You to James and especially CubfanMike for their rediculous and sometimes unintelligible posts. For these posts accomplished something all o the TOMMY TUNES and Sugarbabi PMs couldn't. The resurfacing of our fearless leader Lew Bundles.

RUSHeads I couldn't be more happy or appreciative. I feel I owe you something. OK. I know what I'll do. CubfanMike, I grant you one free pass. I promise to look the other way the next time you post one of your sophmoric or factually incorrect posts. Remember this is a one shot deal. I won't put a time limit on my offer as I feel you won't need much time at all to make use of it. Thanks again CubManMike and you too Jamesy Boy.

Oh, by the way, RUSH STILL SUCKS!

Yeah, I must admit that they can play their instruments much better than most rockers. And yes, there are also original, which is a lot better than most artists in this "cookie-cutter" era.

Strong points on both accounts, and they certainly deserve kudos for doing so.

Bottom line is, though, I don't feel a sense of emotional connection, nor artistic stimulation to their songs/performances, as I really can't get into them.....

Yeah, I must admit that they can play their instruments much better than most rockers. And yes, there are also original, which is a lot better than most artists in this "cookie-cutter" era.

Strong points on both accounts, and they certainly deserve kudos for doing so.

Bottom line is, though, I don't feel a sense of emotional connection, nor artistic stimulation to their songs/performances, as I really can't get into them.....

Billy K.

Now that you said it here. Go to the "RUSH Overrated or Underrated" thread and make it official. Make your vote count.

This is the greatest thread. Not even a page long and it has everything I look for in a thread and more. Let me make my case.

"it has everything I look for in a thread..."

1) an appearance by Lew Bundles

2) an appearance by Lewesa Bundles

3) It's anti-RUSH

4) professional input (Billy k.)

5) visits from some of EC.COM Royalty (darlene,Tony Cartmill)

6) did I mention it's anti-RUSH

7) wit and sarcasm

8) appearances from CubfanMike

9) did I mention it's anti-RUSH

10)mystery (Did darlene and TT attend the same Raspberries concert back in the day)

11) a trifecta

12) Great anti-RUSH title (SEE BELOW)

"...and more"

Yes more. The title is not only a great title.It's more than a great title. Every time someone posts on this thread it shows up on the Summary page as Rush Sucks (name of poster). So I got to see that after darlene posted, after I posted but best of all guess what it said on the Summary page after CubfanMike posted on this thread? Yup! You got it.

Rush Sucks (CubfanMike)

Therein lie the beauty of the thread. The more times CubfanMike posts on this thread to defend his beloved RUSH the more times I get to see

Rush Sucks (CubfanMike)

...on the Summary page. Lew Bundles is a genious. It was worth the wait.

Well, gotta go now . Can't wait another minute to post this and run to the Summary page to see...

Double T...Not only did I vote in your poll, but Lewisa did as well...As for Canadians voting Rush #1, I'm not surprised...They are a little behind the times...I just looked at the Canadian Top Ten selling singles for the week and "White Christmas" is #1...Tehy never had traffic lights installed until this week: the holdup...They couldnt decide what colors to use...Only kidding, Great country, if your a plow...By the way, Double T, you left me a voice mail on my answering machine claiming that Marv was going to say something, but it sounded like a seal was getting slaughtered instead, or a chorus of Bruce singing "We are the World" where it looks like his false teeth are gonna fall out of his head...RUSH SUCKS...