One Hit Wonders

GMan

Oh thanks for the update Billy K. I do remember "Goodbye My Love". I grew up listening to a great deal of my older sisters music but I was only toddler in 1967 so I am still learning to appreciate more and more of these wonderful songs from then. One hit wonders or not, these were some great tunes though huh?!! It's funny how some of them can even define significant moments in our lives. Ok so I didn't use "Billy don't be a Hero" for my wedding song but you know what I mean ;-) LOL

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don Johnson also had a duet with Streisand called "Till I Loved You" or something like that..

which came from this musical about the painter El Greco(I think), which was a total flop, though the song itself hit the charts.(Anyone know more about this??)

Johnson also, at one time, dated actress Patti D'Arbanville(who, ironically, was good friends with Melanie Griffith, which he later married). And D'Arbanville once dated Cat Stevens, who wrote a song about her called "Lady D'Arbanville".

Here's a few more...at least I think ;-)

1)Benny Mardones "Into The Night"

2)Mouth & McNeil "How Do You Do"

3)The Tee Set "Ma Belle Amie"

4)Charlene "I've Never Been to Me"

5)Joey Scarbury "Believe it or Not"...theme from the "Greatest American Hero

Asking again just in case...does anyone else remember "Lazy Love" by The New City Jam Band? If you do can you either post or pm me as I am wondering if they ever did have any other songs..thank you

Really Hollies - I didn't know that bit of trivia about Tony Burrows. Innnnnteresting.....

Burrows sang the lead vocals on several hit songs under different group names including Edison Lighthouse's "Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)", White Plains' "My Baby Loves Lovin'", The Pipkins' novelty song "Gimme Dat Ding", The First Class' "Beach Baby" and The Brotherhood of Man's "United We Stand"

2)Mouth & McNeil "How Do You Do"

3)The Tee Set "Ma Belle Amie"

4)Charlene "I've Never Been to Me"

5)Joey Scarbury "Believe it or Not"...theme from the "Greatest American Hero

Got all those songs just to remind me that I hadn't imagined hearing them! You know how some songs just pop into your head at odd hours of the night?

I'll even get Spike Jones just for a laugh, the way he screws up all the songs in a funny, satirical way.

Note to any artists or future artists out there: DON'T DO THAT TYPE OF THING TO THE RASPBERRIES OR EC!

• 1 month later...

Anyone here heard of Opus? They are an Austrian band with "Live is life" (1985). It's still a European party song to the day. However, I was one of the few people who bought their album "Up and down" - and it's a better album then one might think. Clean production, good songs. There were a few other songs very sporadically on the radio from that album. In fact, they have one of the best power ballads ever with "Flying high" which I never understood why it didn't chart in the U.S. It's on youtube somewhere, also with Falco on vocals - who died in 1998. Crank it, and pretend you're lost in Germany in the 80's.

There used to be a Cleveland bar band called 'Love Affair'...back in the 70s they did the greatest version of 'More Today Than Yesterday' I've ever heard...I mean live it sounded just like the record...but with more energy. 'Birds and the Bees' heh, I always lump that with 'Mission Bell' in my brain.

Paul Revere and the Raiders were a One Hit Wonder in Holland, they hit the charts with "Let me", in I think 1969. But later on it came on to me that they were very big in the States in the Sixties, their biggest succes came when leadsinger Mark Lindsay went solo and the "left" Raiders went to number One in the US with "Indian reservation", which was a Dutch Top 40 hit (a One Hit Wonder) by Don Fardon...