Paul, Ringo, Olivia and Yoko

marvin

Did anyone here see it? It was the expected train wreck I thought it was going to be. You could almost see in Paul and Ringo's faces how inane they thought the questions were. He also asked Yoko and Olivia if they missed thier husbands! Why this man is still on the air escapes me...

Jeff

I gave up on Larry a LONG time ago. And with McC and Richie having new product to push...I didn't see any compelling reason to tune in.

And Yoko has nothing to say that I want to hear. Never has really.

So I was going to tune in for Olivia? I think not.

By and large I find CNN to be a useless propaganda machine which constantly spews out the official 'word'. As a result the spectrum of their programming holds no appeal for me as I have to question the credibility of EVERY single thing they do and say.

Larry King obliterated the interview opportunity of a lifetime last night. Right out of the gate, he recounts the deaths of John and George, date and all, to their widows! Such poor taste.

Then he asks Paul and Ringo where they were when they heard about John's murder, dredging up that unpleasantness yet again.

Then he asks Paul about his "recent troubles," trying to get some divorce dirt. Paul handled it with class and discretion, nipping Larry's meddling with "I don't talk about that." Good going, Paul.

But hey, at least we got 10 minutes or so with the "genius" behind the Circ de Soleil show. We all wanted to hear from that guy! After all, it wasn't like there were more interesting guests waiting to come on...

Back to Paris and Anna Nicole shows for you, Larry. That's just where you belong.

--Howard

Hi Marv. I guess the Cirque angle would lend itself to promoting the cd that George Martin and his son put together late last year. I got it for xmas. Can't remember what it's called but I sure do like it. VERY glad that they didn't go overboard with the older material. LOVE...That's what it's called. I'm gettin' old.

[depend-s- on it laugh ]

Best answer of the night was Paul & Ringo telling Larry that he was in a similar situtation with enough money & didn't have to be on the air anymore, but being on air is what Larry "does." Making music is what Paul & Ringo do. I also got a kick out of when Paul & Ringo said they go over each other's houses & pinch each other all the time.

Don't know if Larry does his own show prep or someone does it for him, but the lack of show prep is inexcusable. It's not like the pre-internet days when you had to spend days combing through wire services, back issues of magazines, & your head stuck in a microfiche machine to get background info for a story. We watched King interview the top 10 finalists of this year's "American Idol," a few weeks ago and he was totally clueless.

I remember a Tom Snyder interview with McCartney and Linda and maybe Denny Lane. Totally stupid questions about sheering the sheep on his farm. You could tell they were answering with stupid answers just to jag him off (Pittsburgh term.)

They were probably high too.

Ah, that takes me back to my bar-hopping days...when my opening line would often be:

"Hey ladies, did you ever meet a man with 3 nuts?"

50% would slap me, the other 50% would ask for clarification, then slap me... cool

A couple of mean girls kneed me in the groin and said, "Sounded like only 2 broke in there to me..." baby