Mickey Dolenz and Peter Noone

Ecstasy

We've had two great weekends in a row! Last weekend we had the pleasure of seeing Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits again. The energy he puts into his shows are amazing. Annie said she had trouble photographing him because he never stopped moving! haha His voice still sounds almost like he's 17 yo again.

This weekend was Mickey Dolenz. We saw him in January and jumped at the chance to see him again. I swear his voice is more powerful now than it was then! I sat there and cried through "Sometime in the Morning" and "The Girl I knew From Somewhere" and my mouth just dropped open to hear him do "Goin' Down" just like he did when he was, what?, maybe 25 yo? One of the greatest voices of my youth.

Let me know if any of you would like to see photos of what they look like now. We'd be happy to share! happy Catch their shows if you get the chance!

I've always loved Sometime in the Morning as well as most of the songs that Mickey sang in the Monkees - I think it was in one of the books written about them where someone once said that "Mickey was the voice of the Monkees" and he will always be. Glad to hear he's still singing and out there doing his thing.

I sat there and cried through "Sometime in the Morning" and "The Girl I knew From Somewhere"

I cried TOO, when I saw him in 2006. "Sometime in the Morning"...one of my faves! You are so lucky you got to see him!

When we met, I told him how I had met Julie Newmar who was in the episode where they sang "The Girl I knew From Somewhere" and told HER how I loved it. It came full circle so to speak.

I'd LOVE to see Micky again...what a show!

Here's my pic with Micky - I was really happy! wink :

www.geocities.com/wendyantanaitis/micky.jpg

And Miss Julie N. - who I think is one of the most beautiful women around...still - she was taller than me, and I'm tall!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e323/0566/95474994103_0_ALB.jpg

I dediced to post this here instead of on YouTube just for continuity sake. Here is the opening of the concert I attended. There is a string of 7 clips from that concert (look for the West Chicago ones.) Enjoy in the meantime and I'll work on putting some of our concert photos together soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmX2IDP272E&feature=related

Though I have never heard him say it publicly, you cannot tell me that Mickey was not a huge influence n the comedy of Jim Carrey growing up. Some of the facial expressions Jim makes are just like some from early Monkee episodes that Mickey did. I mentioned this to my kids and showed them some early Monkee DVD's and they said "oh, my God, you're right!"

I don't think Mickey ever got enough credit for his comedic style. The odd thing is he seems so serious on interviews now. Was glad to see him having fun at these shows.

Kathy Lee, Those were great! I agree with the posters here that Mickey Dolenz had the best voice of the Monkees. I got a chuckle too when he thanked the songwriters (like Carole King & Neil Diamond) and said, "Without them, I'd be up here singing rap today." I have a personal reason to think that's funny because my son listens to rap and I DETEST it.

As a side note, did anybody else here hear that Michael Nesmith's mother invented White Out?

Kelley

Thanks Kathy Lee, I just joined this week and everyone has been so welcoming. What a great bunch of folks!

My son and I haven't been to any concerts together yet. Truth is, I only see a show about once every 18 months nowadays and nothing has come up that we want to do together. He expressed a vague interest in Aerosmith when I saw them, but I didn't feel like plopping down $125 for him to sit next to me and yawn and say, "Okay, Janie's Got a Gun. Now what?" I went with my friends instead who wanted to dance.

By the way, if there are any of you here who haven't seen Aerosmith in the last 5-10 years, I would highly recommend their show. Now that they aren't doing drugs anymore they are very good. Gee... I hear a new thread topic in that!

Kelley