New Crowded House album

Trindy

Pierre - Tracks 2, 3 & 6 are, so far, my favorites also, by a wide margin. #2, "Don't Stop Now," is the first single from the CD. #3 & 6, "She Called Up" and "Even A Child," are the two cuts that I referred to as potential hits in my original post here. Agree with the CH board members who believe that it's just too long. Cutting 2-3 of the slower songs would, IMO, improve the album significantly, at least to me.

Live, I'm sure they're fine.....

After another couple of listenings, even the second half is growing on me a bit. But it still could use some editing. Chop off two dirges (it's almost an hour long with the current track listing) and the incidence of snoozing will drop off considerably.

• 1 month later...

As a postscript, I saw CH in concert on August 12 in Montreal. Great show, of course, and they played a lot of stuff from Time on Earth. Including some "dirgy" stuff...which sounded better live than I thought it would. Too bad the opening acts were so loud...CH actually was quieter and therefore could be appreciated more.

With time, the album continues to improve.

• 3 weeks later...

I listened to it once, and nothing grew on me enough to make me listen again, sadly. Maybe if I tried it a bit more...

Hey, what can I say about the politics here? I guess I just get a little scared when I see people I actually like and respect praising Ann Coulter as a spunky gal. That's all.